► Renoise 3 goes gold

Great release, am enjoying it every day!

thank you RENOISE team… I’m downloading my copy now on 64 bit…

Congrats!!! big Congrats… I’d give you a beer but we can’t do that online yet…

can’t wait till there’s the Freeze function… I’m test driving it now… It’s different… It’s like learning a new software, kinda… I like it…

Thank you Renoise team for this new appreciated version!

:lol:/>

Renoise 3 rox… Yes, I had to get use to where things were moved but so far, I dig… They totally revamped the sampler… Now, I can toggle four pages making it easy for me to edit…

There are some plugs or are they plugs? called DOOFERS…

and lastly, what is REDUX? exactly?

I also noticed that scanning tons of ladspa plugins is a LOT faster than in the betas… which is definitely a good thing!

:yeah:

Thanks for this new release !

Thank you very much!

:)

I’d really like to check out Renoise 3, but I still have so many ongoing projects in 2.8

Could I continue working on these projects in Renoise 3, or did too much stuff change?

For R3, I can only think of these things that could change playback.

• a bug fix that relate to ghost notes (really edge case, but if you want to know if it affects you check this topic)
  • using glide command with the exact value “GFF” - this is now interpreted as “instant” (or simply, F***ing Fast)

I’d say download the demo and give it a spin?

Thanks for the reply danoise.

That topic mentions that “layered samples will sound different in r3 after this fix.” What exactly is meant by that? Samples that play simultaneously?

I’ll probably just check it out yes :)/>

Edit

Can 3.0 run alongside 2.8 though? I recall reading something about 3.0 messing up 2.8 files back when 3.0 was in beta.

Tricky to explain, but if you are not using ghost notes to begin with, you probably have nothing to worry about.

Yes, I’ve not been made aware of any problems installing 2.8 alongside 3.0.
In addition, 3.0 will import most settings (keyboard shortcuts, UI theme) from any previously installed version.

In 3.0 release notes there is line “The beta version is including a few pre-made Doofer™ devices.” Probably should be updated.

edit:grammar

Thanks for the great program! I’d like to update to 3.0, but it doesn’t run on Os X 10.4.x anymore. Would it be possible to make a compile to 10.4.11) as well? I know it’s a lot of work to make compiles for different operating systems, but how about even for the big updates such as 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 etc.

Update: actually, “System requirements page” says now it will run on 10.4 or later. But, Backstage page says: “Renoise requires OS X 10.5.0 (OSX Leopard or later). It will not start on previous OSX versions.”

After using 2.8.1 for so long, when I first got 3.0, I was a little confused; things were moved around a bit and it took my addled brain a little time to catch up. Now that I’ve had a little more time to familiarize myself with it, I’ve enjoyed the layout changes, the GUI upgrades to the vst/external plugin window, automation etc. It was like having someone move my coffee mug from the usual place I put it on my desk and put it back, with a gold coaster beneath it. :walkman: