Renoise 3 speculation thread

did you by any chance also notice this phrase “EMMEHGERDD” ???

It’s “Ermahgerd”, not “Emmehgerdd”.

Hey, I’m just joking with you guys. :)/>

Don’t take it too seriously… Let’s continue the fun and wait for Renoise. I speculate that a beta will be available 1-2 months after Bitwig is released.

Damn! it worked :wink:

Will this thread hit one year? :unsure:/>

Even better: it will hit two years! :P/>

Seriously though, things are as they are. The dev team (taktik & co) probably spend as much time as they can on Renoise development, so we all have to practice the virtue of patience here.

Also, always keep in mind that Renoise is a hobby project.

But hey, at least we now know 3.0 is a work in progress, something that we didn’t know a year ago. ;)/>

Not really. For many team members, and people who regularly contribute amazing stuff without expecting to get paid, yes.

But some years ago, taktik decided to quit his day job and focus on Renoise (he used to work at a certain well-known music software company in Berlin).
Since then, I’d say that Renoise became more than a hobby - today, Renoise has a core team of developers that work more or less full-time on the software.

So, I wouldn’t lower the expectations because ‘Renoise is a hobby’ - it isn’t.
Rather, it is the small size of the team that put a limit on certain things.

Hmmm… Is this really the case? Are you absolutely sure about this?

(Well, I knew that taktik left Ableton over six years ago … so I guess he started to work for another music software company after that? curious which company that would be…)

If your information here is correct about the Renoise core team of developers working more or less full-time on the software, then that’s really wonderful news!!

Makes me somewhat less interested in other music software than Renoise… hoping for a new glorious Renoise era future beyond 3.0 :)/>

Hey, this is the speculation thread />

No, but seriously … Even if taktik alone was slaving away on this, it still wouldn’t qualify as a hobby.
And I’m looking forward to 3.0 as much as anybody else!

Upon the release of FL Studio Groove (a Win 8 touch screen app), Imageline has confirmed that FL Studio 12 will ditch the gray UI and feel of previous FL releases and go full touch screen, redesigning the entire system and UI for an ultra-modern look and feel. FL Studio Groove is like an alpha preview of what’s to come in FL Studio 12.

Renoise 3.0 will also be (mostly) touch screen, but released only on the Nintendo 3DS. Windows, Mac and Linux versions will be discontinued.

I hear the new version of Nibbles will take full advantage of the 3DS button capabilities.

Nibbles will be replaced by Pacman 3D

THE NEW FEATURES IN THE NEXT VERSION OF RENOISE:

1. Automatic inspiration random generator - keep getting stuck in the songwriting process? One mouse click will randomly generate a new phrase in the existing song key for you! 8 times out of 10, it’s even better than what you were thinking of!

2. Strategically designed color themes - your eyes will now immediately go to all the important places on the screen with no effort at all! Triple your production output without all that aimless eye wandering!

3. Redesigned default keyboard mapping - no more double pressing the CAPS LOCK key to do a note off! We found the perfect place to map it - and it’s so obvious, you won’t believe it if we told you, so we’re not going to tell you now.

4. Automatic syllable slicing coded into the automatic beat slice mapper - tired of spending hours carefully mapping out acapellas? We have added a new feature to the beat slicer that will map out the syllables or words in a full acapella vocal with 90% accuracy!

5. (experimental) Neural net data input - hearing that song loud and clear in your head, but can’t seem to get the notes and chords to come out right? Simply connect a neural net USB device (sold separately) and literally THINK THE SONG INTO THE PATTERN! Yes, this new revolutionary technology ELIMINATES MANUAL ENTRY!

^^^^^ I’d release many tracks and take full credit for my genius song writing capabilities.

Renoise monitors how red your eyes are and simplifies the interface accordingly.

There is a utility called f.lux that does this :)

I really hope that 3.0 will include vertical automation next to the normal tracks, like this.

And an update on the release date would be nice, the last one was already four months ago.

The quality, ambition and consideration that have been put into this software is impressive. The most important thing is that Renoise is still being developed. I’ll be happy with whatever features Renoise 3.0 will offer for that reason, as long as they don’t remove anything important :)

I think the only that’s gonna change, is that the “pan” sliders finally don’t show ‘half full’ when they’re at the perfect center aka ‘no deviation’. I would definitely party hard with that added feature.

I need a “Fuck it!” button to renoise. It does something when i am frustrated.

Soo… ‘a’ ?