Renoise 3 speculation thread

Do you always get a e-mail or something when a new renoise version does come out?

bzzt… passive aggressive feature request alarm is going off.

btw1: those 3 features at once? it ain’t happening.
btw2: “popular” piano roll request … really?

Of course, I just wanted to say that even one of those features is a lot of work :)

Yes, but IIRC they might be sent out later than forum announcements.

Probably not, BUT… both 2.7 and 2.8 versions where packed with many new features. This cycle is currently 5-6 months longer than both of the previous releases and that makes it pretty hard not to speculate in crazy stuff (No specific features mentioned…) :ph34r:/>

this train don’t pull no whiners

/>MAX FOR RENOISE! />

pd is more likely I’d think.

But in either case, I would be extremely surprised.

Yea, a modular system for building synthesizers and fx would be quite cool. But I wouldn’t be too
happy about Pd in particular, I build multiple reverb fx with it, experimented around, build a full
featured 6-Op FM synth and a bandlimited subtractive synth with it - having a more direct
binding into Renoise would be cool as I dislike plugging around with Jack.
BUT using Pd for (polyphonic) instrument creation is more or less a PITA. Simple tasks such as
making it possible to save presets for your built synthesizers are clumsy and become tedious.

Renoise 3.0

• Unlimited Instruments and a better & improved Instrument/Sample browser.

I think a more likely trajectory is that they get lua functionality to a point where you can do some basic synths+effects since the lua infrastructure is already there.

It’d be kind of neat, but personally I probably wouldn’t invest my time into it (it’d be better use of my time to play with VSTs to practice my C++ programming chops).

sad to report, i actually had a dream about a new renoise last night. i need to get out more :(

you certainly need to use current Renoise version more ;)

I’ve dreamt about the next version twice lately. I can’t say for sure if the features in my dreams were wishes or premonitions. Let’s start a business where people can ask if their most wanted feature will be in the next version? We can use tarot cards or tasseography.

Yay!

Cat Pictures!

I love that Renoisers dreaming about the new version seems to be a common thing.

In times where big financial companies go down and the common citizen
falls into panic buying due to the next apocalypse, the only constant,
the only hope is the next Renoise version.

Dare I hope the extreme slowness of the forum/site today could be tell-tale signs of good news???