Renoise development status

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any status on the current Renoise development, or release date/planning info for upcomming versions? Some concrete info would be nice.

Thanks!
Regards,

Bastiaan

Taktik clear things up in this post :) I think that’s all we’re gonna get until beta testing starts.

Concrete info: Renoise is not dead. Renoise 3.0 is being worked on right now. You will know more when we are ready to tell you more. Until then, please be patient and enjoy Renoise 2.8.

Hahahaha I don’t think the user base is being unreasonable… I think we’re just collectively saying… do you think it’s more like Renoise 2.87 or Renoise 2.96 right now? :)

If you take a look at the time between previous releases you can come to a few conclusions. :)

These are the months of latest four beta announcements:

2010 2011 2012 2013  
DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV  
2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 ^  
 NOW  

wow! ~2 years :wacko:

Quick - we need Russell Crowe from ‘A Brilliant Mind’!

I think this timeline suggest that they will skip directly for 3.1 or 3.2.

Judging from that timeline alone, a 3.0 beta could possibly appear in December this year.

3 threads about renoise 3.

renoise 3 confirmed!

taktik is secretly Gabe Newell.
Renoise 3 will never be released.

There’s a theory that when the universe reaches maximum expansion, it will start to contract and time will reverse and flow backwards.

Based on that information I predict Renoise 3.0 will take billions of years to finish and be released last week.

Get everyone hyped for a big announcement, then reveal:

The Backstage Box and Backstage OS powered by linux. You can now download and run renoise on a box that connects to your TV! But there’s still one more announcement left.

New Renoise brand midi controller! And it’s a mechanical qwerty keyboard that controls the Backstage Box over the network via OSC.

The End.

Nopes, a new major release will never be skipped with a .1 or .2. No other software developer has done this either. They perhaps did some x.0 beta period and decided to release x.0 final Build yyyy afterwards, but i have never seen any development group skipping a major version.

Vv, I think you are correct. Just wanted to point out that I failed to see any pattern in the timeline. MAYBE… the next version will be “Renoise X”.

Anyhow, let’s all just be happy for the amazing software we already have :)

Renoise 3 is not going to be a music software. It’s gonna be doing something completely different.

Why making more music anyway? There’s so much of it out there already, you don’t have to bother composing anything, just search a little, and sure enough you’ll find exactly the thing you were about to write. Maybe even better.

The soundtrack to Half-Life 3 will be done on Renoise 3 :ph34r:

Half-Life 3 will be a tool in renoise 3 (replacing nibbles)