Renoise is like trying to learn Blender.

…maybe a Google+ Hangout might help also?

I’d like to see a tutorial from sodiufas explaining his entry for this year’s Mutant Breakz comp. :blink:

SO.MUCH.HAPPENING

I would love that! :) As someone with very little experience and who is entirely new to “modern” forms of music making (I play a few acoustic instruments and toyed with trackers when the Atari ST was hot), I feel fairly in the dark with Renoise. I watched the beginner videos, and fumble around, but there’s overall relatively little in the way of “hands-on”-type of tutorials that one can follow along and learn from. I’m fairly persistent, so I’ll get there, but what you wrote, and the idea of it, sounds very delicious!

This isn’t a problem exclusive to Renoise, either. I couldn’t find a lot of consistent material for Reaper, so I went and bought the video series at Groove3. It was around $30, which I hesitated to spend, but it was really worth it. After the ~8 hours of video material, I felt I actually had a bit of an idea what I was doing, and it was entertaining, too. Wish they did a “Renoise Explained” series! (Maybe one of you pros should talk to them!)

I prefer Renoise over all the other DAWs I tried out, so I’ll definitely stick with it, but there’s a relatively high entry barrier – thought I’d really not compare it to Blender! I keep notes of my newbie adventures with Renoise, so perhaps one day I’ll write something up from the perspective of having zero background.