Renoise Knock-Out Tournament - Round 2 - Results Are In!

No time limit but still a deadline you silly billy :P

I would prefer that the eliminated players continue to vote in part because it amounts to more judges and also because we need more than two votes in the final ;)

Also, I’ll try to actually vote this time, ;) but stuff got funny very suddenly. If there are issues I will try to report.

He meant voting in the poll, since the eliminated players don’t really have a stake in it. Well, except Suva, if he’ll be making the remixta episode.

Otherwise I agree that more votes can’t be bad. In fact, my gf asked if she can vote, and I had the idea of creating a “popular-opinion vote”, where anyone and anything can vote, but it wouldn’t count for winning in the tournament.

Anyway, I must say all the options except ‘no limit’ are fine with me. No limit reduces the adrenaline rush too much. :badteeth:

Some others have to vote anyway. This round may be acceptable with fewer votes, but semifinals can only have 2:0 or 1:1 results, and finals could only have 0:0 result :)

Yeah, voting by everyone is still encouraged!

OK, poll results are:

3 hours (Robbie S, td6d, E.H.V.A.H. SDC)
4 hours (rhowaldt, cralias)
no limit (chunter, keith303)

And Chotoro has said anything is fine except no limit.
It seems everything is weighted toward the limit…

How about this: 3.5 hours for this round. :)

Send me some samples! So far I have only received 1 sample. If I don’t receive anything in the next day or so, I’ll go ahead and put together another pack and start round 2.

OK, Round 2 begins!!!

Round 2 deadline: 2011-07-28 12:00 noon EST (GMT -5)

Rules are same as the first , except the tracking time limit is now 3.5 hours!

Samplepack link (should be available soon)… Sorry, it’s on Easyshare again. Keith, can I get another mirror? For some reason I can’t upload to loopproject from work.

The Samplepack is based on SDcompo round 23. Also includes your sample Robbie. Apologies that I couldn’t get something original together, but only 1 person sent me a sample :) Since half of you are SDcompo competitors, I had to make sure to find samples from a round that none of you participated in :)

Good luck everyone!

Ha! My sweet voice made it to the sample-pack! :D I’ll be heard all over the world. moahaha

3,5hrs :D that’s a whopping 16,66% increase. guess we’ll hear some really polished stuff now ;) ;)
i’m a little late this time, but here’s the mirror: http://www.keith303.i24.cc/temp/knockout-r2-samples.rar

IF you can advance to the next round you might get it increased to 4hrs! i doubt you’ll make it through though. some pretty tough competition around here.

edit: :) ← a smiley because sarcastic jokes do not come across over the internet

Hey!

powerlessly shakes fist in air

I reckon anybody who has been here for over 5 years yet only has 62 posts much be a force to be reckoned with! Means you actually use Renoise rather than sitting about on the internet talking about it ;)

Good luck everybody though :)

a depressingly good point here.

nooooooooo i messed up the captcha and now i have to wait 15 minutes for the sample pack! grmblz!

I’m one and a half hour in and I think I’m feeling pretty confident (although I’m trying something I’ve never done before).
Surely 3,5 hours is more than enough!?

it better be, otherwise i will be the one beating your ass :)

Oh yeah?! Well!.. You! Should shiver and such, for I am your opponent and will not take this competition lightly!

i will not be intimidated by your pretty talk sir, and you may rest assured that i will do my utmost to build a track so utterly awesome that your ass will suffer quite a pounding, i daresay! so, be warned!!

(and if it turns out you beat me i will at least be in Italy when it happens so i will skip over the shame of that moment and hopefully when i return people will have already forgotten…)

Ugh! I’m slow making songs (kinda like my love-making ^_^ ). So I ran out of time and was left with all these ideas that I never got around to add.

Need to learn more shortcuts and fast tweaks. Maybe that’s why I get bored/frustrated/annoyed when making songs and start doing something else instead. :huh:

Alright, I did 3 hours of intense tracking and I think I’m going a little mad because I heard the track so many times in such a short period of time. At the moment I think it sucks everything nasty so I’ll give it another listen in the morning, maybe make some last tweaks in the remaining 30 minutes I have left and then turn this shit in!
Again, I’m verrry curious what everybody made from this, personally I thought this samplepack was pretty hard to work with since there are almost no clean lead sounds. Lots of bassy waves and noisy samples. (and I didn’t want to make a noisy, bassy track :lol:) Ah well, I did my best!

Submitted!

Hah, I’m quick at making songs, like my love-making!

Oh wait…

I’ve noticed I tend to find an idea, any idea, as quickly as possible, and then hold on to it for dear life. It just feels dangerous to introduce lots of things… I’m thinking I need to work faster mentally, and not get too stuck on what I’ve already done…

I think that’s part of the challenge. If you get into a flow and work for 2 hours, you get a lot done but your ears are tired. If you break it up, your ears are fresh but you never quite get into the groove.

Having tried both now, I must say I prefer going at it all in one go though. If I have any longer pauses, I just forget what I was doing. :P