Renoise on 4K UHD Display

Hello,

I just got a 4K Display ( Dell P2415Q) and it’s awesome.

Any chance of Renoise taking advantage of 4K resolution? :slight_smile:

Please make some print screens to show how it looks :slight_smile:

It doesn’t look any special right now. I have Windows set to 200% scaling, and Renoise just scales up 1:2. A pixel is a 2x2 pixel block :slight_smile:

Linux looks very bad,the matrix of 12.5 inches

25603561985_f2f09d7081_k.jpgRenoise UHD by Grzegorz

For comparison Ardour which is not ideal

25236641819_21b00ecb65_k.jpgArdour UHD by Grzegorz, on Flickr

It doesn’t look any special right now. I have Windows set to 200% scaling, and Renoise just scales up 1:2. A pixel is a 2x2 pixel block :slight_smile:

Are VST(i):s scaling 2:1 also, or do they have super tiny GUIs?

Are VST(i):s scaling 2:1 also, or do they have super tiny GUIs?

They scale exactly like Renoise. So no… no stamps on the screen :slight_smile:

I really, really wish some development time was directed towards this… future proofing Renoise. :slight_smile:

+10000.

Please make this happen, Renoise team!

I can’t even use Renoise in 1440p comfortably. Either it’s too small or, if I use Windows 10’s scaling, it is blurred. The only one of my DAWs that handles high-dpi well is FL12, but I prefer Renoise, though I could do without the eye strain.

(Edit: The editor with “huge font” is fine. No problem there. But everything else (selectors, devices, menus, etc) is too small, especially the tiny font.)

This topic is very important for me!In early 2016 I wanted to buy a 2k/4k display and I have not done due to Renoise.Currently, I use 2 displays 1920 x 1080 px, 24" (area: 3840 x 1080 px), and I detach the Instrument Editor into a separate window in dislpay nº 2 (currently I think is the best solution).But I want more height, to see the larger program, all the GUI.

If the resolution is increasing all looks smaller, worsens the result. :unsure:My sight half blind when I comply half a century in the future.

I begrudge the vectorial GUI of FL12. If the future Renoise have something similar, uuuuuuuuuuffff!!!Really it needs!!!

I would like to see actual screenshots in 4k of Renoise…

i have a 4k 40" display and i have to say, the design is bad in renoise. The fonts and symbols are very small and i didn´t see any scene that makes it possible to show it bigger. You can’t resize or reorganize the frames, so there are big empty areas that are totally useless… please make it possible to zoom… at least like it´s in Browsers, where you can zoom in and out with CTRl and mousewheel. Surely it would be better, if you let choose a symbol and font size and simply make the different frames like effects or instrumentview more flexible and resizable. You could make an option to keep windows like sampler or plugin opened and not to be switched. I think today 4k uses more and more people, so you can´t ignore that and surely it offers many oppurtinities for a better worklflow on one screen !

An UI zoom a la Ableton Live would be great.

i have a 4k 42" display and i have to say, the design is bad in renoise. The fonts and symbols are very small and i didn´t see any scene that makes it possible to show it bigger. You can’t resize or reorganize the frames, so there are big empty areas that are totally useless… please make it possible to zoom… at least like it´s in Browsers, where you can zoom in and out with CTRl and mousewheel. Surely it would be better, if you let choose a symbol and font size and simply make the different frames like effects or instrumentview more flexible and resizable. You could make an option to keep windows like sampler or plugin opened and not to be switched. I think today 4k uses more and more people, so you can´t ignore that and surely it offers many oppurtinities for a better worklflow on one screen !

More and more users complain about this.If you read in these forums, you will see that it has already been discussed repeatedly.

You can lighten the sight a little (up the fonts):https://forum.renoise.com/t/any-way-to-change-the-size-of-fonts/46948

Hm, is there a way to apply scaling only to a specific program? My Windows (10) is set to 125%, which is fine for most things, but Renoise looks blurry. I imagine 200% might be less fuzzy, but that is too much as a general setting.

FL Studio 12 really does scaling best, and Reaper is OK (it has some experimental scaling). Live seems to do it well also, though I didn’t buy it after running the demo. Sunvox now has some better scaling options too (fonts can be scaled separately, which is nice). Well, I want to use Renoise, though. :slight_smile:

Hm, is there a way to apply scaling only to a specific program? My Windows (10) is set to 125%, which is fine for most things, but Renoise looks blurry. I imagine 200% might be less fuzzy, but that is too much as a general setting.

FL Studio 12 really does scaling best, and Reaper is OK (it has some experimental scaling). Live seems to do it well also, though I didn’t buy it after running the demo. Sunvox now has some better scaling options too (fonts can be scaled separately, which is nice). Well, I want to use Renoise, though. :slight_smile:

Renoise seems designed for use on screens HD (1920x1080 px), as maximum.If you want to use Renoise for 2k and 4k screens you will have visual problems, I recommend that you do not buy Renoise.It’s sad to say this, but things are like this.Use another DAW instead.FL Studio 12 has really made an important leap since version 11 related to vector scaling.I do not think Renoise does it in many months, or years :unsure:.

Please make Linux version for proper 4k, or at least provide a way to properly scale it now, even if it won’t be super-sharp)

Now on 4k Renoise is pretty unusable :frowning:

1 Like