Renoise Studios

BOTB i really like your tracks! so keep doing what youre doing.

-minikomi

what he means is… dont quit on weed!! :w00t: ;)

i was almost going to buy one of those prodikeys
i couldnt decide which to go with, but now im glad i didnt.
i go through desktop keyboards pretty fast, would be nice if there was a dual keyboard similar to the smaller black one with exchangable qwerty keyboards.
ever since i bought a spill proof 10 dollar memorex i havent bought any others since. might be a good project to mod once i get back into electronics again.
rip apart one of those keyfax phatboys put it into one of them $10 memorex spillproof cheapies, dunno about putting keys on it. hmm

very nice pics! I’ll find some pic here and send mine later. :)

Hahahahaha !!
NEVER!!
My soul be mine !!
:yeah:

Massive cheers minikomi

Parsec … can I send you the check after I got meself some shiny speakers ?
Awww, pleeeeaaaase … ?

botb! your tracks are wikkid!

do you have an aim/e-mail/etc?

botb at bk-recordings dot com

or me msn
b00merang666 at hotmail dot com ( ← excuse the semi-satanist gag wrargh! :yeah: )

I really like the Prodikeys a lot. I am used to using the QWERTY keyboard.

No doubt best place for inspiration and getting ideas is the bed,

That´s my studio ;)

to Sqeetz:

Hey man ! Your picture is about the most workable place I’ve seen on this thread (in my opinion and up to my personal taste anyway:) ).

I’d like to setup my monitors the way you did, just right and left of the screen. But do I need to have shielded monitors for that? Or is there no need of shield when you use a LCD ?

Presently I have a nice pair of KRK 6000, they sound incredible but aren’t shielded so I have to keep them too far from my screen :)
(I got those very cheap).

Other than that it’s cool to see where everyone does his “stuff”. Kind of inspirative :)

Thanks

i’m not 100% positive but i don’t think shielding is required for LCD’s since they don’t have any magnet-sensitive parts. for good measure i just held up my headphones to my lcd at work and didn’t see the slightest bit of distortion, i assume it would be the same for larger speakers

LCD does not works the same way.
What the average monitor does is to take a short electron beam and shoot it out of the cathodic ray tube through an electromagnetic device that’s able to “drive” it precisely. The electron beam travels through the empty space to reach the surface of the screen where it hits the phosphors placed on the inside of the screen. The phosphor is “excited” and you can see it from the outside of the glass.
If you try and place an electromagnet near the tv… you are causing turbulence of the magnetic field that drives the electron beams… or you are again deviating the beam out of its route. As you understand this can be even dangerous…

As you can tell by looking at any LCD, instead, there simply is no Cathodic Ray Tube… so you can’t distort the image with a magnet because the magnetic field wouldn’t be influencing any electron beam.

Used my good ol’ Korg as a midi keyboard, but i can’t get this thing working with Windows XP… gonna buy me a nice Alesis very soon ;)

Seriously this has nothing to do with me :D

thanks. :)

though i changed it a lot. the bass response of the speakers was not that accurate. since the bassreflex enclosure of the alesis M1 are on the back, they should at least stay 30cm away from walls. (in my case it was even worse, because the angle of he wall is not 90° from the floor (what’s the english word for “Schräge” ? :D ))

i’ll post some pics of the new setup later.

and parsec said it: since there is no electron beam in an lcd, there are no distortions.

MyStudio update, from left to right:

LG Flatron 915FT plus 19" monitor
Creative speakers, wahey
M-Audio Firewire Solo audio interface
on a Tornado stand we have a Samson C01 mic with K&M pop-filter
M-Audio Radium 49 MIDI-keyboard

And under there we have a PC:
AMD Athlon XP2000
768 DDR RAM
300 giga HDD
crappy 3d-card.

Will soon purchase a laptop: IBM thinkpad R52. Kickass… :)

[edit] old image link removed.

Updated my studio a little bit since I last posted in this thread. The extra screen makes things a lot of fun, especially when it’s time to relax from Renoise and watch a movie. :D

Nice rig dblue! :) But how can you stand using that laptop keyboard? :unsure:

It can be a little cramped sometimes I suppose, but I’m used to it. The keys have a nice action to them. It’s very important to have a nice action, hehe. Not some nasty klick klack crap you can find on bigger keyboards.

I’m building a new system quite soon. An Athlon FX-55 based system, mid size ATX tower. I’ll get a fullsize keyboard and stuff at that time, but for now I don’t mind the tiny laptop. It leaves the rest of my desk nice and clean and clutter-free :) I’m a bit of a minimalist… having too much stuff everywhere drives me a little crazy.

I don’t know how many fans your laptop cooler has… but better watch out your HDD won’t completely die out on you because of those…
(make backups regulary)

Most laptop HDD’s are nearly on the bottom edge.