Renoise video tutorials every few days.

Latest video - October 8th, 2013.

New video. This one is quite wordy, but goes over the advanced edit tab in Renoise. There’s quite a bit of power under the hood there, and lots of subtle things it does you might not expect at first glance.

Previous videos
Oct 2, 2013 - Renoise Multiband Send Basics
Sep 19, 2013 - Renoise Hydra, Metamixer and some LFO stuff
Sep 14, 2013 - Renoise Signal Follower Fun
Sep 8, 2013 - Drums in Renoise and Multi-Out Plugins
Aug 26, 2013 - Renoise is a Synthesizer Too

Awesome…have really enjoyed your previous 2 tutorials…thanks

very useful tutorials. learned a few more little handy tricks also from your other tuts. waiting for the next one. thx for sharing. :D/>

Excellent video ;)

Mother of god thank you mister!
one thing what holding me on renoise was i could not automate vst instruments but there is automation device and i can automate everything like EVERYTHING!!!
thousands potatoes to you ^___^
excelent tutorials you have

Awesome!

Bonus knowledge (tool): GetPluginParams | Renoise

Cheers.

Great tutorial! thank you sir!

New video, this one covers the metamixer and hydra, as well as a couple LFO things. Links updated in the OP post.

This is really good and professional! Keep this coming, wouldnt be a bad idea to put links somewhere in the manual on the webpage. Very nice!

Very good tutorials with a lot of explanation in short times! It’s true that if you master the routing capabilities of renoise you will soon want to automate stuff that’s not in the VST’s own options and with Renoise you can work around it.
I would like to say that x800 resets the LFO to the leftmost point though! Making x801 out of it seems unnecessary.
Also, maybe the tutorial could take it a step further by showing use of combining multiple LFOs the old way (before MMixer); LFO => LFO2’s Amplitude (‘modulation’), or LFO => LFO2’s Offset (‘addition’), or how about Signal Follower => LFO speed?

What you end up with in the synthesizer video, is really good. I think I’ll do some experimentation like that too and capture it.

Just watched the latest video,

Nice work, with clear explanations!

I also wanted to mention that despite being a seasoned Renoise user, I am thoroughly enjoying all of these videos, and have been picking up helpful tricks along the way. I appreciate how you show application of the features and not just mentioning their availability. Inspiring!

Subscribed.

You forgot the custom Reset offset when discussing the reset command for the LFO :)

Neat tutorials, gave me some ideas! Don’t want to create another thread in begginer’s questions, so maybe you could answer a question related to signal follower? If signal follower affects some parameters in a track, (not in a current track), and when you render entire song with “save each track into separate file” ticked, does it render each track knowing that a signal follower from another track affects it?

Yes the modulation will still be applied, as long as it works when playing through renoise, it will render like that (I mean, obviously when linked to a previous track or device with (N/A) in the name it won’t work). The rendering process remains quite the same, only difference is the outputs of the different tracks aren’t added together into one single file :). Send devices get a different treatment though, you might expect zero output from a send with mute source.

Damn, I didn’t even know this existed. I’ll have to bring it up in a later video, since it’s a cool trick to know.

You can also spawn the correct pattern command rightclicking on the reset button. (As opposed to going through the whole FX command menu structure)

You teach some and we teach you some. What comes around goes around ;)

This custom reset offset feature still is not clear to me, could you describe it’s function for me?
I get the reset bit, just not the ‘custom offset’ bit :)