Renoise video tutorials every few days.

Very good tutorials with a lot of explanation in short times! It’s true that if you master the routing capabilities of renoise you will soon want to automate stuff that’s not in the VST’s own options and with Renoise you can work around it.
I would like to say that x800 resets the LFO to the leftmost point though! Making x801 out of it seems unnecessary.
Also, maybe the tutorial could take it a step further by showing use of combining multiple LFOs the old way (before MMixer); LFO => LFO2’s Amplitude (‘modulation’), or LFO => LFO2’s Offset (‘addition’), or how about Signal Follower => LFO speed?

What you end up with in the synthesizer video, is really good. I think I’ll do some experimentation like that too and capture it.

Just watched the latest video,

Nice work, with clear explanations!

I also wanted to mention that despite being a seasoned Renoise user, I am thoroughly enjoying all of these videos, and have been picking up helpful tricks along the way. I appreciate how you show application of the features and not just mentioning their availability. Inspiring!

Subscribed.

You forgot the custom Reset offset when discussing the reset command for the LFO :)

Neat tutorials, gave me some ideas! Don’t want to create another thread in begginer’s questions, so maybe you could answer a question related to signal follower? If signal follower affects some parameters in a track, (not in a current track), and when you render entire song with “save each track into separate file” ticked, does it render each track knowing that a signal follower from another track affects it?

Yes the modulation will still be applied, as long as it works when playing through renoise, it will render like that (I mean, obviously when linked to a previous track or device with (N/A) in the name it won’t work). The rendering process remains quite the same, only difference is the outputs of the different tracks aren’t added together into one single file :). Send devices get a different treatment though, you might expect zero output from a send with mute source.

Damn, I didn’t even know this existed. I’ll have to bring it up in a later video, since it’s a cool trick to know.

You can also spawn the correct pattern command rightclicking on the reset button. (As opposed to going through the whole FX command menu structure)

You teach some and we teach you some. What comes around goes around ;)

This custom reset offset feature still is not clear to me, could you describe it’s function for me?
I get the reset bit, just not the ‘custom offset’ bit :)

I don’t need to, that’s documented:
http://tutorials.ren…_Devices#.2ALFO

Ofcourse you are free to pick trigger points at 20, 30, 70, E0 etc.

It just means you can also ‘reset’ (you could say just set) it at any position; open up Custom mode to make it a little bit easier to understand and visual.

…just adding some xrns examples to vV and Cas’s reply…

[2.7] More Tuned Devices!

custom lfo scaled to another lfo’s frequency

Repeater Device

Edit: Added link.

EDIT: Video has sound issues, I will take it down and upload another one as soon as I get some time. How embarrassing.

Sorry it took me so long to get another video up, but my microphone exploded and I had to wait until I could get a new one. Today’s update is just a nice basic introduction to the mulitband send device. Links in OP updated.

…um, not hearing any of your renoise sounds. i can hear your voice but not the renoise signal :confused:

Well, fuck. Serves me right for not checking videos beforehand.

Will rectify the situation soon, until then I’ll take down the video.

Here we go. I have rerecorded the entire tutorial for the multiband send. Apologies for the technical issues, but things should be fine now.

Brand new video. I was a little frustrated with myself for the quality of the last tutorial, so here is a meaty and wordy one showing off the power of the advanced editor tab in renoise. There’s alot I go over, and the AE is capable of a whole bunch of really useful things, so check it out.

Dear Brainplace,

absolutely perfect stuff!!!

Really we i appreciate more.

All best

waldemaR