Renoise & Virus Ti Vst Problems

VV: This thread is about the VST/AU shell that connects the Virus TI with a plugin host.

SPDK: Could you please give us some more info what exactly is the problem is?

I tested Renoise with the VirusControl plugin yesterday, for a short time, but these are my findings: It is in sync, but out of time :D So the notes trigger too late, but every time exactly the same time too late, and that is a good step forward. Keep in my mind, I tested for a short time, I’m not sure if there are other problems, I just tried to test the timing.

I have some questions, I hope people alreday tested this (I don’t have enough time to do good tests).

• Do I have to turn static buffers on or off?
  • Do I need to adjust the timing of the track on which I trigger the Virus Ti, and how much ms would that be?
  • What would be the best ASIO buffer settings of my audiocard?

Thanks for your time!

This is no longer needed, in contrary. It MUST be off to make the virus 100% working.

On OSX the Virus seems to work perfectly now (according to some feedback I got). On Windows, my guess is that they added some hacks to try to support Renoise. Those should be removed now with the changes we’ve done for 2.6. This unfortunately is nothing we can change. They have to.

I’ll contact Access and get this sorted out.

Till then, could you all please let us know how it behaves in 2.6, and which OS you are running it on?

Works perfect with 2.6 b1 in OSX. Not tried with Windows…Thanks a lot taktik this is a dream come true. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m on Windows but it sounds like there have been some significant progress here.
Now I might actually upgrade from my VirusB :)

I want to excuse myself for the idiot I am.

I thought the sync problems were still there, but I tested the plugin with Renoise 2.5.1 :blink:

I’m happy to say that my tests with 2.6 were awesome. It just works as you’d expect, even the arpeggiator runs in sync. I used a buffer of 64 samples and samplerate of 48Khz and static processing buffers are off.

Thank you very much Renoise team, you just made my Virus Ti worth the extra money for the ti part :D

Well thanks again, if I run into problems I will post them here, but I don’t expect any!

I say the same as SPDK, a very big thanks to the team for making the Virus work in this release :)

Thanks from me too - I bought a Virus TI Snow a few hours ago (rendering all my work hacking Duplex for my Virus B useless ;) ) and it’s working like a dream in 2.6b.

Great. I’m just glad it works. Thanks for the feedback guys!

I love the sound of that beast. :dribble:

Does TI means it save instrument patches in the song? and render tracks like a VSTi?

OT: is possible to use the plugin grabber with the Virus TI ?

Good question: I’m about to find out!

kRaKen - hells YEAH it does! While I’m not particularly interested in that feature, it’s extremely cool that it works.

Garf - instrument patches, I’m told these are saved as they would be with any plugin. Rendering in tracks like a VSTi - if you render the entire song in realtime, it’s perfect. If you render faster, you get weirdly chopped/timestretched audio that’s useless, but that’s what I expected. Actually, I expected to hear nothing at all, so it’s nice that the Virus made the effort ;)

And it should be said that after a few hours of trials, TI seems much more intuitive to set up and use in Renoise than in Live. Aliasing the VSTi parts, setting the channels, it’s all quite a bit more straightforward.

So it’s basically my dream hardware synth and I’ve waited all this time to be sure it works in Renoise…now that it does, I’m selling my Virus B, my Novation Nova and my Novation Supernova II as they’re all redundant (plus I’ve had to sell half my possessions to pay for the Virus :P )

That’s awesome, that’s how hardware should work! Thanks for the info.

Np. You can also load patches from .mid patch/bank files kept in an Access dir in your My Documents/Home/whatever from within the plugin, or even swap entire device ROM banks in and out (keeping in sync with the hardware). You’re quite right: it IS how hardware should work :D

Has anyone tested this with Windows 7 64 bit? I get a very laggy response especially when the VSTi Editor window is open.

I run it on Windows 7 x64 Professional, no problems so far. When do you get the laggy response? While playing or recording the Virus?

I have the same problem as you (had/have?) My virus trigger the notes too late. So if i want to make it sync with the rest of the song, I have to put the notes the virus plays on the lines: 3/7/11… and so on… anyone have any advice how to fix this?

DStrandberg: Are you running Renoise 2.6? This issues should be fixed there, but can NOT be fixed for 2.5.

If you have this problem with Renoise 2.6, could you please let us know where (which OS) you are running which Virus (version number and model) on?

I just downloaded the latest Beta from the website. 2.6 b5 i belive it is?

Virus TI Keyboard: OS 4.0.5.0.1

/Regards

EDIT: Another thing i just discoverd is that using the “freeze” function i can freeze the virus and make it work with the rest of the song… but when i try to do the same with an arpeggio it speeds up the sample by twice the speed and makes it non functional… Im gonna see if i can get this to work.

EDIT 2: When i use the “freeze” function when playing single notes it works fine (so far) but when I try and run an arpeggio through it (using the Virus) the notes get all messed up… the first sample works fine… but the second sample cuts in right at the end of the first note, leaving just a “click” sound… same thing goes for the rest of the samples…any ideas?

EDIT 3: I should mention i run a mac with latest OSX