Renoise vs Redux

You always needed a DAW to use audiotracks, Renoise is a tracker, piano roll was always unlikely in Renoise, tracker users are so uptight about having that option for note input, it is a shame considering how stable Renoise is that it will most likely never have a piano roll or MIDI effects and so on, but a DAW with Redux is not far from that.

Bungle: IL Minihost modular is not enough?

IL minihost modular showed great potential but then unfortunately like every other IL product ever released it was left languishing in the “free updates for life” = “screw updating it, lets make something we can sell” quagmire.
I have an entire IL account to sell if you are interested, lots and lots of plugins and the big FLS :wink:

why on earth would you do that? i think redux is made to able edit and play xrni instruments in other daws. it is not meant to be renoise as a vst, but renoise instruments player.

i reaaly hope redux will not support vst into it, or tools or other external stuff, but will be solid sampler whitch with time will show a big middle finger to kontakt :smiley:

A few reasons. #1 to remix old amiga Mods in Logic for example. #2 Or just for nostalgic reasons like play a tracker song through Plogue’s chip crusher through a Paula chip in Logic. I would LOVE to find a tracker worth a crap as an AU plug-in but I’m not finding one. It would be very cool to be able to have all the awesome features of redux WITH at least a player. In this case if I am proven wrong it will make me happy! But it’s a feature wish and request.

A few reasons. #1 to remix old amiga Mods in Logic for example. #2 Or just for nostalgic reasons like play a tracker song through Plogue’s chip crusher through a Paula chip in Logic. I would LOVE to find a tracker worth a crap as an AU plug-in but I’m not finding one. It would be very cool to be able to have all the awesome features of redux WITH at least a player. In this case if I am proven wrong it will make me happy! But it’s a feature wish and request.

Well, don’t know if this is already possible, but a copy-paste mechanism to transfer pattern data from renoise to redux would be helpful. Or a midi import.What I am really wondering at is that the devs hardcoded lpb 4 (I alwaysuse 8 to easily write 32th notes, e.g. for rolls or arps). I guess it has reasons related to the gui (since there is no pattern scrolling in redux). lpb 4 just suxx, my two cents here. So for a copy-paste this lpb problem needs to be resolved first, right?

EDIT: Iwaswrong LPB is freelychoose able.

I’d like to see this too. For workflow. It would lessen the resources used to port stuff, would make for more consolidated, self-contained projects and would make it a lot easier than having to manage many files (structure, etc). I’m hopeful about clipboard compatibility. In the meantime,ReWire is very workable for audio and (synced) MIDI transfer. To quickly get something out of what I have in Renoise, I’ve started having Redux in Logic triggered by MIDI sent from Renoise with ReWire sync. I guess in your case audiois the only option, if you want to retain column effects.

Another big difference is SFZ support in redux. Would like to see that brought into Renoise - or at least convert to XRNI format. The older convertors (such as Extreme Sample Convertor) don’t support the newer XRNI format (which supports layers, for one).

What I am really wondering at is that the devs hardcoded lpb 4 (I alwaysuse 8 to easily write 32th notes, e.g. for rolls or arps)

I’m not sure I get it - you are confusing ticks TPL and LPB here? LPB you can freely define per phrase, it’s only the internal DSP that relies on a fixed setting (it needs to, obviously).

Anyway, I think it would be nice to introduce an additional feature - a global tempo multiplier. So we take the BPM in Redux, which is fixed to the host anyway, and replace it with a little multiplier that automatically bumps the entire “internal tempo” up or down with the given factor (and by “entire tempo”, I mean that it should affect all phrases as well as the DSP effects for the entire preset).

Ups sorry, didn’t see it until now. Only read your previous post and misunderstood it obviously. So LPB is freely choose able :slight_smile: Nice. To be honest, I am completely no phrase user, since I edit anything not-live anyway.