Renoisers At Evoke

Looks like you had a great time. B)

I tried to follow the DTV stream while working and catched a few music entries as well. Now I’m anxiously waiting for all the music releases: keith303, kaneel, looza, anyone? :walkman:

“wolle Rose kaufe” :rolleyes: ^_^

Yep, it was some great fun indeed. Was really a pleasure to meet some other dudes from this board aswell now.
Personally though, couldn’t enjoy the whole party. Well, it was just a bit unfortunate again, that I had to meet up again, with my most best friend called toilett for approx 75% from the time. But the other percent were surely excellent. Especially dblue’s dance acts! :P

If I can still trust my overview, there should be entries from k303 (tiny & streaming), Kaneel (same), looza (same), nt (tiny) and me (stream). dblue’s entry didn’t make it through the pre-selection unfortunatly, but it was pretty cool anyway (post it!). The official files doesn’t seem to be up on the scene.org ftp though at the moment. But they will for sure.

@keith!
teh most much impo®tant picture is missing! Somehow I fear, it is already censored. =)

Thanks for the info ptrance. :)

Someone joined “hete dans actie” ? :D

wow, one could actually decipher that on DTV? :)

hehe, unbeatable!
that guy is a true party animal and without him the evening @sensor club would’ve probably been nothing near that fun as it actually was. :)

it definately is cool. well done c64-ish chiptune.
but i guess that’s the actual point for why he didn’t pass the preselection: he somewhat missed the theme for the mp3/ogg compo with a chiptune, which would’ve been better placed in the tiny music compo, regarding its sound.
i guess even the best chiptune-ish stuff of the world would’ve been filtered from the mp3 compo this year as there were nearly 30 entries (15 got played) and the general quality was pretty high compared to the previous years.

tbh, i intentionally left it out, because people on the forums might get confused about our sexual orientation ;)
but if you take a look at the above pic’s URLs/filenames, you will notice that there is a gap… (hint)

always amazing how the crowd immediately gets ready for the onstage jumpaction when rob is jaarig again :P
but even dblue was reluctant here… hehe

ok,. damn… finally home now and tired as hell… must get some proper sleep! it was a wicked time… cheers to everyone… that was fun as hell!!

ahem… heh, uhmmmm… yeah. just trying to get things going i guess. if one guy is up there making a complete fool of himself (ie. me) then other people usually don’t feel so embarassed about joining him… and then the real fun begins!

yeah, no big deal on this one either. i’m honestly just amazed that i got -something- finished in time. it’s really just a silly, average track in my opinion. the mixing/mastering is rather terrible too i’ve just noticed listening to it on my speakers at home. on my shitty mp3 player headphones in a noisy environment it was impossible to work. i could totally understand the decision not to pre-select it purely based on the bad production. :)

PS… here’s a link to the tune for anyone who is curious:
http://illformed.org/dblue_-tehvoke(evok…usic_compo).ogg

there’s clearly way too much sub-bass eq enhancement which is just driving the stardust compressor crazy, sucking up all of the energy from the rest of the spectrum… bah!

hell, if i understood what was actually happening, you can be sure i would have been up there shaking my white ass, too! :yeah:

It was before you showed up to the club. Keith, his girl (Svanya? Svenya? sorry), Looza, Ptrance and myself went there somewhat early, so the place was a little bit dead. Just some nice dubstep playing but most people standing around looking a bit bored (in my opinion). So I tried to spice it up a bit. Even got Keith’s girl bobbing her head to the beat for a few moments, and she hates electronic music!

@keith303 & kaneel:
Thanks for the photos. It was nice to see those who are somehow masters of tracking from a far distance. :)

Yeah, it was really cool. Unfortunately we had not enough time to speak about everything/anything. That day quickly passed away. Should definitely do this again…

Ah, and I don’t have teeth made out of metal - I am just a human being made out of carbon, even if it doesn’t look like this <_<

Gili: Please don’t forget to send me this 2step thing :P

You betcha! :)

I’m at work, so I’m telling you guys just the most important thing that’s on my mind right now:

I loved to see each one of you! keith303, looza, ptrance, kaneel, taktik, dblue!

really cool evoke, I had alot of fun meeting old and new people, was intoxitaced most of the time, my ears are still ringing and I smelled like a grizzly-bear when I arrived at home yesterday. Just like it is supposed to be. Also I met some renoise user (forgot the name again, my brain has holes) who is not on this board yet but wants to work on some XML-related tools, he hopefully join the group of PHP-Coders on this board soon.

I will now listen to some jazz. I really need it. :)

And dblue, again : I am sorry your track didn’t make it trough preselection. Although we mostly kicked out all “chippish-sounding”-tracks from the ogg-competition during preselection I didn’t think yours was “too chippish” and apart from that I voted a flat five for every renoiser I know in the preselection. Too bad the other three didn’t share my opinion. I know this sucks.

well, pandur is a big, but nice and cuddly bear. I like him a lot.

BTW, my tinymusic-entry is here :

http://www.loozabeats.de/download/beats/lo…_bleeptrack.zip

the OGG-Entry will not be posted until I transform the mess it is into the song it was originally supposed to be. It really sucks at the moment.

I love it. I’d honestly give it the very first place in the whole compo.
Can’t wait for your re-edit :)

edit: oh, and kaneel, your tiny was really cute actually! they don’t know you are kore!

Looks like you guys had a LOT of fun :) But this doesn’t beat my indoor-pool :confused:

Well, there will be an evoke 08 I guess. And I will not let anybody in my car, my flat and nothing

Here is my little collection of lazy/blurry/drunken photos:
http://dblue.illformed.org/?dir=pics/2007-…evoke_demoparty

My camera missed quite a lot of action due to

• me being drunk about 60% of the time :D
  • my camera battery dying after about 30 minutes and needing to be recharged constantly.
  • me simply having too much fun to even remember that I had a camera in my pocket.
  • etc.

Top 10! ^_^

Results in terms of final rankings don’t mean anything to me. I’m just glad that there were many nice entries (which still don’t seem to have appeared on scene.org). But thanks to everyone who posted links to their work and all the pictures already. :)

heh… that one’s priceless. :)
It’s a bummer that I got my cam not working. Batteries were empty which I just didn’t noticed (should I stop drinking alc?)… AND I HAD ADDITIONAL BATTERIES WITH ME! :wacko:

Rightfully so. I mean, in the end you made us all dancing at the club and personally, it’s quite hard to remember for me, when I danced my ass off like this way the last time. =)

uhmm… did teh taktik found his votingkey already btw.? :P

This year was the first time I didn’t have to use my “connections” to get a new votingkey because I had lost my original one… and dblue, I think it’s cool you are such a party-animal, I usually need some time to get in the flow and start dancing, having someone to pull you in is great.

Sorry… not me. In fact I don’t remember even seeing you until the compo was almost over (or at least after your tune had been played… were you hiding in shame?)

http://slengpung.com/v3/show_photo.php?id=…5&ref=event

It’s funny that Dipswitch is talking about me here on this photo. I actually bumped into him several times at the party. Once when I first showed up early on Friday afternoon, at around 2pm, and introduced myself. Then later when I was asking him about my streamed music entry (also giving him my name for this). Maybe he wasn’t listening closely, but he didn’t seem to recognise my name on those occasions. :)

Either way… no problem at all. He seemed like a really cool guy.

dipswitch is one of the main-organizers, Evoke is not really a relaxed, fun event for him as it is for us visitors. So forgive him and come back next year. :)
And when I met Kaneel first in 2005 (or 04 ?) I also didn’t realize who this small red-haired guy who was talking to me was, until I saw some pics on slengpung after the party. Sometimes it’s just too much, all those new faces and names.