Republicans Choose Hockey-mom Running Mate

seriously, fuck the U.S. neo-conservatives. anyone voting mccain palin should re-evaluate their sanity.

hahahaahha
some of you guys, may have been better off being politicians…

no one in their right mind except the feminists would have trusted hillary we can all agree on that, so obama won out the blue team. the red team gets a women and a huge majority of women who were democrats switch to the red team. --blue team’s in the doldrums. that is comedy!!!

so people spread a message, matt damon the same guy that supported bush frequently with reputation, talks shit about palin. it’s happening all over again. wow!!! blue team is eating each other to death.
they need BRAAAAAINS!!!

Democracy/democrazy … Door number one or door number two?

Everytime I read/watch the news about the US elections, I thank history
on my bare knees for the Dutch multiple-party government and
embrace all the bureaucratic nonsense and rulemaking that come with it.
Though I honestly ask myself how long it will take before this country
degenerates further

It gets real ugly when celebrities start to get involved in politics…
but it’s a common trap a lot of people fall for: let the celeb do
the voting for you! A fine example is that Holland has a political party
for the rights of animals. Nothing wrong with that, if there weren’t
people in the street starving, if there were no unemployement,
if the healthcare system was up and running and the elders and the
youngest were getting the same opportunities their children and parents
have had…

Currently, the Western World is being led by a hypocrite generation of
neo-hippies who, after enough experimenting with sex, drugs and
freedom, have come to the conclusion that the cultural revolution of the
60’s was meant for them and them alone. And all we can do is vote for em.

I’d agree that it’s usually silly for celebrities to get involved in politics… but Matt Daemon is a pretty intelligent guy, and he’s trying to point out the absolute stupidity of McCain’s decision for those that don’t necessarily know who Palin really is. If it were Pamela Anderson going “Teehee breastshot… Vote Obama!” I’d be groaning… but Matt’s doing nothing but raising very valid points.

well most of the founding fathers were actually Deists (that is, a belief in God having no dogma at all), so no. Our country was founded on freedom of religion, so what your saying is really quite untrue. Again, I think your confusing this with neo-conservatism.

I think she gets a bad rap because shes a powerful and intelligent women. If she were a man she’d be called powerful and intelligent, but no, instead shes a bitch. Thats just how it is. I guess you might call me a feminist.

Matt Daemon makes some valid points. “It’d be like a really bad Disney movie”

Perhaps voters were confusing neo-conservatism with oldschool conservatism when they voted Bush in twice =p

They actually only voted him in once =p

Most “oldschool” conservatives probably vote libertarian when possible.

we actually never voted him. in 2000 there were many uncounted votes, marginalized african-american communities, and post-felons that would have put gore in place. 2004 was rigged, which is what i think you’re referring too.

well, truthfully I was semi-mocking typical liberal phrases.

But if you have to know, I was talking about in 2000, when Gore won the popular vote.
I’m not sure any “marginalized” populace should be voting to being with. People will always claim there were uncounted votes.

As for the 2004 elections, I think you’re referring to unsubstantiated theories: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic…-2004Nov10.html

Its pretty simple, in 2000 the democrats demanded recounts knowing they had won the popular vote, but in 2004 they did not because they knew that they had truthfully lost.

by marginalized populous, we’re referring to african american communities in florida.

to suggest the either election was fair is absurd.

So… latest news, Palin’s yahoo email address was hacked… unfortunately it was probably by a misguided youthful democrat… which makes the rest of them look bad…

…BUT I have one thing to say about it: Anyone stupid enough to use publicly available information for password recovery on their yahoo email account SHOULD NOT BE VICE PRESIDENT

In fact, anyone using Yahoo for a primary personal email account shouldn’t be in office either.

And further proof that Bill O’Reilly is full of shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KU02lsfH8

Dinosaur and man walked hand in hand? The Comeback of Jesus within the next 50 years? The only funny thing about Palin is Michael Palin and he retired.

I still don’t quite know what you’re getting at. The majority of the population is marginalized by the media’s focus on trivial issues (like Palin’s daughter or Obama’s lipstick comment). Are you suggesting that the Bush campaign marginalized african americans into voting for them, or that african americans in florida are marginalized and therefore didn’t bother to vote? Either way, I think unless you provide some sort of valid evidence I can’t take such comments seriously.

Apparently the democrats thought the 2nd election was fair, because they never bothered to challenge it.

Its comments like these that lose the Democrats elections.

What? That makes no sense dude. It’s a matter of security. If I were running for office, I would NEVER use free public email addresses for ANYTHING. I would only use email addresses on private servers that were less likely to be compromised. This incident, along with countless others, have proven time and time again that you shouldn’t store anything sensitive in a free email address. ESPECIALLY if you’re making yourself a target… which public figures will always be.

… and would you want someone without the brains to set up secure password reset data to have the nuclear codes? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

During the 2004 U.S. presidential election, numerous allegations of irregularities were made concerning the voting process in Florida. These allegations included missing and uncounted votes, machine malfunction, and a lack of correlation between the vote count and exit polling. Additionally, 58,000 absentee postal vote forms were lost in Broward County; Broward County is heavily Democratic, and Democratic Party officials accused the Republican state government of trying to “steal the election”.

Holmes County was pointed to as an example of unusual voting patterns: three-quarters of registered voters in Holmes County are Democrats; however, Republican George W. Bush defeated Democrat John Kerry in Holmes County by a large margin (6,410 to 1,810).

fyi, i’m not a democrat. i just hate neo-con ideology and live in the u.s.

Okay guy, if you’re going to quote wikipedia directly, at least include all of it:

“However, Holmes County voted for President Bush by a wide margin in 2000 as well, and has voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980.”

You seem to have left out that little bit of information.

My point being it detracts from more fruitful discussion. Do you then applaud McCain for not using email altogether?
( remember this ad? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ2I0t_Twk0 )

Her email account was used for personal, insensitive business. All they found was photos her family and other stuff like that.

More fruitful discussion like “What kind of foreign relations experience do you have?” or “What does a vice president do on a daily basis?”