Resampling drum instrument with DSP

I made a drum instrument with some complex DSP, now it’s taking too much CPU and I would like to resample each note post processinng in a new instrument.
Is there a way to do this easily?

Otherwise is this somethinng that could be done with scripting?

If it is a drum vsti, for example I’ve used the kong rack in the reason rack plugin, you can use the render plugin to instrument option. Right mouse click the vsti to choose it;

if it is an already sampled drumkit, you could use the fx button in the sample editor, you can either render in the tracksdsp effects or choose the instrument fx.

Thank you, that is quite comprehensive.

In my case it is an already sampled drumkit.
I am using layering in it, and busing as well.
So there are sometimes multiple samples groupped together with some FX applied.
Evertything is routed as well to an output bus using sends.

I am not sure to understand how the Render Track/Sample DSP chain work, and if I can use it formy particular case.

I think what I would need would be something that resample each note used from the keyzone adput it back it all back in an instrument with the same keyzone.
I wonder if that’s doable with scripting…

I’d love to see someone develop a tool similar to the plug-in grabber but for native instruments. Your best bet process-wise might be to create a phrase or sequence that has all the notes that you want to resample, and then render that (there are many options for rendering/freezing audio), re-import it, chop it into slices, and then destructively render the slices, if you wish.
HTH

Resampling workflow gets pretty time efficient, once you’re used to it. I do a lot of resampling of native instruments in my music, and it’s not particularly tedious, although it could be much improved with a dedicated tool that functions similarly to the plug-in grabber

1 Like

this might also be of interest? New Tool (3.0) Render and Slice