Sample Recorder - Pattern Length

6313 Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 02.00.32.png

just occurred to me that an option for setting the number of patterns that the sampler will run for (and then automatically stop) could potentially be useful.

3 Likes

Indeed. I can’t hit stop at the right time because it takes 2 hands to play guitar, so after every recording I have to wait a whole pattern length for it to finish recording unneeded silence. Being able to specify a stopping point would be really useful.

1 Like

a lot of times when recording a long sample i’ll forget how many patterns i’m at and end up with an odd number of patterns…, which subsequently breaks the sample offset trigger’s usefulness.

everytime i record something in renoise i still think about how incredibly useful of a feature this would be.

1 Like

+1 for this. Bonus points for the option to automatically add a trigger C-4 note on line 00 after stopping recording. That would instantly make it a very useful live looper.

Isn’t there a tool that does this? Can’t remember what it is, but I feel like there was a thread about it…

1 Like

+1 for this. Bonus points for the option to automatically add a trigger C-4 note on line 00 after stopping recording. That would instantly make it a very useful live looper.

this is an extremely good idea.

the only problem i can see with it is that there’s usually a trace amount of latency at the beginning of recordings but usually it’s not too noticeable and can sometimes add an interesting effect depending on the recording.

1 Like