Show Me Your Home Studios

Would you share a bit of how you use the BCF2000 that makes it your fav? (for another owner of a BCF2000 that just has it holding down papers at the moment…)

I’m more of a mixer than a composer. I’ve lost a ton of inspiration getting hung up on fine-tuning the mix too early. With the BCF I can more quickly and intuitively fiddle with mixes and get back to composing before I wander too far away from my inspiration.

I use my BCF primarily within Ableton Live and REAPER, though, where I can start the BCF up in MCU emulation mode and everything is automatically mapped to the controls. Renoise doesn’t come bundled with any specific MIDI controller support, so that approach kind of loses steam. There is a Renoise tool call Duplex that allows for two-way communication with a number of MIDI devices, like the Novation Launchpad, Keith McMillen QuNeo, and a hefty list of others. The BCF is listed with full support, but I haven’t tried it yet; I’m waiting for post-mix sends to be implemented before I bother.

The short of it is: I’d love to get an MCU ($1,100) but can settle for a BCF ($210) that can pretend to be an MCU ;)

As Sends can be put anywhere in the chain you want, including at the end, I would warrant a guess you’ll be waiting a long time then!!

ah, E-mu Orbit “The Dance Planet” unit in there too. Owned it once, but sold it, kinda miss it.
would love to hear that track you made, is it out yet? link?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing.

Read more here.

Here is my Renoise battlestation :)

Sexy setup. Might I recommend switching your task bar to vertical on the side of one of your screens? You’ll get more vertical resolution out of your monitors and not waste all that screen space with empty taskbar space.

It takes getting used to at first but you’ll love it eventually. And think of the screen real-estate :)

:dribble:

Oh… em… gee… I’d never leave if my setup looked like that. Where do you live? I need to break into your home and take your setup as hostage. ;)

Same here. But at the moment I constantly click the clock. :D Might take a day ot two, but thanks!

I believe it has other advantages as well, such as having your pinned taskbar items as well as the start button in the top left, which is near (usually) the browser navigation and first couple tabs, so it’s pretty efficient.

This has to be one of the coolest looking setups I’ve ever seen! What size are those monitors?

Here’s my humble studio-like desk :walkman:

I used to have synths and stuff, but for the last many years my setup has just looked like this:

I’m in ur lapt0p, makin’ ur muzix

Exploiting l0lcatz for doing the hard work you cheat!

I don’t dare messing with this cat ;)/>

nahhh. actually it’s very cute. I was working on the computer, and then she just steps in front of me and the laptop, forcing me to move the laptop backward so she can lay between…

Looks great m0d. But how about the acoustics?

nice mouse ;)

Ha. Nice. That’s where the work gets done.