Show Me Your Home Studios

From left to right, top to bottom on the right shelf:

Kenwood CS-1044 oscilloscope, Allen & Heath ZED14 mixer, Sequential Circuits Tom drum machine, Clavia Ddrum AT drum machine, Vermona DRM MK3 analog drum synth, Zoom RT-234 drum machine, Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 Module analog synth, Korg Kaoss Pad 1, Sequential Circuits Drumtraks drum machine, Yamaha TG-33 vector synth, NAD C 320BEE amplifier.

Really? I actually found it easier than the DX series. Only think I really missed was an easy operator mute.

Can I come play at your house? :dribble:

:wub:

I’m not sure a laptop with headphones plus some Korg Nanoseries 2 pieces technically qualify as a studio. I bought a board to put the laptop on that has a cushion attached to the bottom so it’s nice to use in bed. The LED lamp is also part of that board. The headphones I use are AKG K450.

Apart from what can be seen on these photos I also sometimes use my M-Audio Keystation 49e.
Huge benefit: A lot of my more recent songs haven’t been created at home entirely or in parts.

Ha, I just ordered those headphones this afternoon (+1GM)

edit: Got them. Niice :D

I received those headphones (AKG K450) as a gift and thought they were pretty good for their size, though a bit uncomfortable and too much bass imo. Also, though I looked after them, mine broke - one driver stopped working. :(

!

Update on my laptop studio:
I dug up the old stereo in the basement and made an unused drawing board into a makeshift studio. I can nicely move the laptop from this to the setup shown above and back, everything (including sound) is plugged into a USB hub so I can plug and play :) After some fiddling with the bass and trebble knobs on the amp I got it to sound decent enough to be able to judge a mix on them. Nothing compared to proper monitors but it’s a start.

EDIT: Plugging the USB-Hub into the iPad using the camera connection kit works nicely, too. I can play Animoog, Sunrizer, Nanostudio and the Korg apps with my Keystation and hear it all on the speakers via the USB sound card. However I couldn’t get the nanoKONTROL to register in any app other than the Korg ones (in which however it’s insta-mapped)

⦇⸩⦉⦊⸨⸩⦊⦉⸨⦈ Recording the outside space ⦇⸩⦉⦊⸨⸩⦊⦉⸨⦈

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/toastingdubz

Literally just my computer and Sennheiser headphones lol, no hardware or anything yet (not that I have any idea what I’d do with hardware…):

Made my Renoise all red to match my PC. B)

My $25 Logitech speakers don’t make sound worth crap so I just listen to everything through my headphones.

Maskin that is an absolute beast of a setup.

Upgraded my studio a bit.

Ignore the dreadful wallpaper xD

Just got all my stuff the way I wanted it, all in the same place.

I spy a 9-band EQ there. I need me one of those for tuning to my room.

Behringer mini FBQ, its cool the way the lights on the sliders flicker to the frequency’s, I only really use it when I’m on the decks, I try to not use it when doing a mix down and referencing stuff.

The new Easily Embarrassed studio.

Looking nice and shiny!

Fuzzy pic of my current setup, missing a lot of the gear I use but at least the desktop is there.

Been following this thread for a long time, here’s my tiny studio.

Good day! My first post! And my lofi “studio”. :)