Side Chaining!

and what about a peak controller like in FLS??

It would be great to just have the native compressor have sidechaining. I love the native one.

+1 native compressor with A|B channels…

I’d quite prefer to have more than 2 “channels”… with the applications I’m envisioning, I’d like to have unlimited channels kthx ;) … which brings me to my next point: SIDECHAIN CAPABLE METADEVICES!!!

probably a better idea. i can see the potential in it.

let it all flow!

+1

What would REALLY rule, would be a sidechain device which has the ability to send to unlimited tracks.

The tracks would be accessed through a pull down window box which would list all the currently present tracks. Each time a track was selected, a new element on the sidechain gui would occur, with a bypass option.

This would rule.

The receiving track(s), would automatically have the ability to receive the side chain info into all of their plug ins (each plug in would have a Yes/No option)

Boom

Instant best host ever.

To be honest, your idea is good, but flawed. The thing me and sunjammer were talking about in that thread I posted was the fact that metadevices should be broken into very specific tasks… that’s why we decided to it should have an amplitude reader and a metadata router instead of a sidechain device. So, in relation to your request, why have that built into the sidechain metadevice(s) when you could in fact split that feature off into another well needed feature that would benefit ALL the metadevices in Renoise? Why not make a metadata splitter? This would solve problems that people have with having consistent LFO action across multiple effects, it would allow for what you want here, and who knows what else once other metadevices, like the envelope metadevice I envisioned, are implemented.

In the meantime dbAudioware has crafted a sidechain compressor that works in renoise as it is now. They solve it with one instance of the plugin being a send+passthrough and on the other instance of the plugin it works as a reciever + compressor.

Its kind of the meta-device approach.

Linkypoo:
http://www.db-audioware.com/sidechaincompressor.htm

Ive tried this plugin myself in renoise 1.9 and it works at it should.

i tested this just now, doesnt seem to work here with me, running 1.97beta…

• one million

:) Was just about to suggest this also…

What does the peak controller in FLS do? Is it some kind of maximizer? EDIT: Checked it on “the google”.

the meta device ideas have my vote (eg what byte-smasher and sunjammer are talking about). side chaining is a must, but if we can get a whole bunch of new routing possibilities from meta devices that will side chain as well as a million other things, thats gonna be better than just a single purpose dsp.

+1 to the meta devices (i’d like to see more of these tools).

Sidekick is free and seems to work great, as long as you have e.g. the BD to the left of the bass line… (processing order is from left to right)

Oh , boy I need t o bump a 5 year old thread just to SCREAM out LOUD that renolise needs real side chain function ,
Cytomic will be relezasng a killer filter plugin ( guy that coded the glue and synthsquad so it’s gonnan be goreat for sure ) called the drop and we need SIDe CHAIN …presto

Conan Borat !!

lol, would be a hilarious super hero!

Mr. Divider is drunk.

Been sober for a year by now…really /…
But we still don’t have any real sidechaining …

Yeah, and the panning is fake too!

Read me…

Yeah double post …

What I am actually wanting is this , the ability to route audio to the side chain input of a vst plugin .
Like I explained earlier , the forthcoming filter plugin by ‘cytomic audio’ , the filter can be modulated by an audio signal ( filter fm ) which goes into the side chain input of the filter …this is currently impossible within renoise , no matter how you set up the signalm follower …I agree that there are numerous ways of achioeving ducking effects with the signal follower and a gain dsp …