Sidechain Compression In Renoise

How to do sidechain compression in linux, impossible at the moment? :o

Natively

Thanks man. Will try it out this evening.

came up with this to do a similar thing using the gate dsp, very simple. here’s the example if you don’t know how to do this already:

http://www.zshare.net/download/682877127dc64bff/

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. Renoise needs real internal side-chaining. No workarounds.

Gah!

Taktik, give us a sign it’s coming.

That’s what she said.

renoise needs real routing channel. thats what is missing, no sidechain bla!

atm you can’t route channel1 to fx of channel2. only with work arounds!

and i’ve posted a tutorial for it years ago!

This!

And also, I can haz link to your tutorial…? :)

here’s the link: http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?sho…c=10251&hl=

it’s like somewhat 3 years old now. i’d need to update it alot but you’ll get the idea ;)

Thanks for the link! Too bad it’s a method with external plugins that cost money…

as far as i know senderella is for free ???

you can run windows VSTs under linux by using “fst” or “dssi-vst” (there’s a tutorial in tips & tricks). It works quite well, but it won’t be integrated to your “renoise experience”.

I did it recently as follow :

• run your sidechain compression VST with fst / dssi-vst
  • switch renoise to 8 outputs
  • send your key signal to channels 5/6
  • send your compressed signal to channels 7/8
  • route them to your VST compressor with Jack
  • use outputs 1/2 and 3/4 for everything else

It works like a charm, but it’s a pain in the ass to set up, as you have to do all the wiring by hand. The tutorial says that you can use LASH to record your FST configuration, which would make the thing much easier, but I couldn’t make it work. If you get this to work, it would only be a matter of opening your song in renoise, then opening the corresponding LASH session.

ok, we need it badly :panic:

or/and some midi/gate/duck kind of thing, that would be kewl :dribble:

thank you!

compact

if you just want ducking on a kickdrum, use the lfo on a channel volume.
otherwise draw your custom lfo the way you need it if you can’t
use proper sidechaining.

Agreed, of course it would be great to have it as it normally should be. But I use volume automation as a sidechain simulater all the time and it works very well. I really wouldn’t mind if sidechaining wouldn’t be implemented within the next couple of years :).

The only thing i think one need badly is cross-track routing so that you can control stuff from other tracks that you linked to the track from within you want to arrange everything.
I bet native sidechain in software would never work perfectly due to the problem of latency.
Controlling ducking manually will always be more precise than using detection algorithms.

http://www.twistedlemon.nl/site/index.php

15€ …

i agree and @ the moment i use volume and eq automation for sidechainin´…i get that thing about doin´ it manually…how about the idea to trigger via midi; that would be very usefull imo?!

cheerz