Simple Pianoroll: com.duftetools.SimplePianoroll.xrnx

com.duftetools.SimplePianoroll V3.9 (for Renoise 3.3 / 3.4)

A small update.

I’ve added some of my internal tools, which improved my workflow in Renoise alot.
I don’t want to mantain more than one tool, so I’ve added them to this tool instead.
It’s optional and disabled by default. You need to enable them in the piano roll settings (restart of Renoise is needed).

Some are just keyboard shortcuts. Others are usable for the sample editor or matrix view:

Just check the readme for more informations, maybe these are useful for you, too:

@absent I still didn’t hear from you back. I cant fix your issue, need some more information. I’ve send you a PM. I don’t have a Mac to address your problem directly. You can try this version, maybe it helps.

Full changelog:

• feature: new optional tools (sample, workflow tools)
  • feature: ctrl + shift + r to deselect random notes
  • feature: add option to swap ctrl and alt key
  • changed: change fix for focus issues

Download: Simple Pianoroll | Renoise

Made a video showing some of the tools:

6 Likes

Not up yet, I only see version 3.80?

Mhn, for me it looks fine:

Manifest file of the tool looks fine, too:

I probably was to quick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Mate!

I have some suggestions for next version. The Mute Button should ask the channel mute status at starting pianoroll and should 2 state button like the solo button too. If not and open pianoroll on a muted channel i have no way to unmute it. Is there the ability to call the Renoise colorpicker Dialog from the channel colorbutton in the pianoroll window, so that we can set a color right instant when we start on an empty channel?

happy tracking :slight_smile:

I’ll check this. About the color picker, its currently not possible to start the inbuilt one. Its needed to create an own one.

com.duftetools.SimplePianoroll V4.0 (for Renoise 3.3 / 3.4)

New Update !!!

Eraser sub mode:

When you hold the mouse button on note deletion and move, you can remove others notes, too. It will internally swap to the eraser mode, you can see in the tool bar, where the pen tool icon swaps to “X”.

deletemode

Chord ghost track:

When no ghost track target is set, you can enable the ghost chord track. It’s using the lowest note as the first note of a chord and showing your notes above it as ghost to, so you create a chord very fast. I used it alot lately for chord melodies.

Full changelog:

• feature: note eraser function
  • feature: chord ghost track for easier chord melodies
  • feature: upgrade filter + aa of instruments
  • changed: note deletion doesn’t read out note length, delay, velocity and other values anymore
  • changed: don’t play the note when removing
  • changed: optional tools flag just for context menu related one’s
  • changed: ignore selected notes in preview mode for chord detection
  • fix: also use midi targets for edit with piano roll from instrument box

Download: Simple Pianoroll | Renoise

9 Likes

When i open the Pianoroll while playing a song over track context menu, and then switch to playmode, should then the play startet from Renoise Maincontrols not stop? Seems that Renoise playing both ways same time together when i move the playcursor, what turns into a mess?! Or maybe i talking nonsense? i dont know.

You mean the preview mode? There could be cases, when this is needed. Looping a pattern and you try out notes on a track outside the loop.

1 Like

I meaned the Playmode with the speaker symbol. Yeah this playmode is needed maybe, but for me it sound as when both playbacks are not running syncron wenn i move the playcursor in pianoroll. Maybe i’m false to.

I could add an option for, when needed. So everytime when you use the audio preview, it will “auto”-stop song playing.

If it plays always syncon there is no need for that, but if not such option would be good. Maybe i forgot to deal with the solo / mute buttons in Pianoroll, but i cant so any investigation in there at moment. (i have PC hardwareproblems at moment.)

I’ve check this, its working. Maybe i’m miss something?
mute-unmute

1 Like

This work not so at my PC. The “Solo” Button works as in your snipped shows, but the “Mute” not! Mute Button will not highlighted at my setup, when i turn it on in mixer screen. BTW. I have testet now again and i have detected some unwanted behaviour. If i start renoise, switch to mixer screen and open pianoroll over right context menu click on mixertrack it opens the pianoroll window. But if i move the window little big to right side (i use very big Pianoroll window size), i see that Patterview again, and not the mixer window of Renoise!?! I try to make a Screenvideo for you at the moment.

I uploaded a short demonstration video of the error for you at my Theming discord with some Questions to the error. Hope it helps. Btw we can talk german too in discord if you want, for better understanding. :wink:

Was able to reproduce this issue. Made a test build with a fix: com.dufte.SimplePianoroll.xrnx/com.duftetools.SimplePianoroll.xrnx at master · ryrun/com.dufte.SimplePianoroll.xrnx · GitHub

Hello Mate!

Have found a new bug in latest testversion. Write me on discord plz, if you has some time.

1 Like

I saw your post now. I’ve replied.

1 Like

Hi there, sorry if it was discussed already as I’ve seen this for quite some time. When I create new note anywhere on the pianoroll, it always moves the mouse cursor to the bottom, left hand side of the pianoroll window. Can you help please ?

Disable “Mouse Warping” in Renoise Options or Enable "Mouse Warping compatibility Mode in Pianoroll config!

1 Like