Simple Pianoroll: com.duftetools.SimplePianoroll.xrnx

Dragging the .xrnx from the github link above doesn’t seem to do anything here when trying to install in Renoise. Dunno if I’m doing something wrong on my end or there is something else going on?

edit;

using Renoise internal tool updater I’ve been able to update to version 2.0

Strange, drag and drop works for me. I still don’t get it, why the tool page was showing the old text. But now, everything is fine.

1 Like

Perhaps because I haven’t associated the .xrnx file extension to Renoise (yet)? It’s a blank icon atm;

This is insane! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

@taktik time to add this natively?

3 Likes

A big win would be giving these talented scripters more powers so they don’t have hack their way around “problems”, like with the invisible xy pad hack to move stuff around.

5 Likes

Great work mate. All mousefunctions are working, but the notemoving is sluggish for me. Mouse warping i have off. Dont know where the problem is. Renoise CPU was 2-3 % but i dont know if script CPU Consumtion is showed in Renoise CPU view.

My System → Intel Sandybridge I7 2600K @ 4 x 4,3 GHz, 16 GB Ram, Samsung 850 SSD

I dont know the internas of you hack, but i noticed that you between the drag status permanently syncronize the Notstatus with the Renoise Notecolumns. Maybe it could be more performant, if you stops this at start notedragging and restart it after droping the note/notes. This had the advantage that CPU consumtion for Changing the NoteList Observables and Repaintings, thats causes further control repaintings maybe, would be stopped.

Or it becomes simply to the limits of API and Control Hacks. I dont know the possibilitys for limiting Rendercycles at your controls u used. But you should use this even if you can where it sensefully.
I keep on testing it and reporting here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The larger the grid, the slower the rendering of the piano roll. There will certainly still be room for optimization, as this is the first version with extensive mouse support. I’ll will try to improve this more in upcoming versions.

1 Like

Incredible work!! How many hours have you spent on your tool so far? :slight_smile: I expect more than 300?

Yes, some cpu optimization will be nice if possible. Moving note around takes so much CPU.

And next big task - horizontal scrolling. :blush:

1 Like

I don’t know if I can keep track of how many hours of work came together. I think it will be a lot :grin:

Horizontal scrolling is possible when you hold shift or alt during scrolling. It’s similar like in Bitwig and Reason.

1 Like

Just dropped by to say thank you. Awesome work.

1 Like

Just wow. I’m speachless. The only thing I can think of now, is editing of note position and lenght without snapping to grid/line

1 Like

I cannot get the horizonatal scrolling work. In which mode I can do that?
I noticed:

• note properties currently doesn´t work
  • with Alt we can switch from Select to Pen mode. Can you do same vice versa, Pen to Select?

But again, VERY good job @toimp !

Ups, new bug found. Need to fix this.

Edit: Mhn, is working for me. Its important, that your pattern is bigger than your grid width:
horiscroll

I could inverse this in pen mode.

You mean you cant set vel, pad and delay?

Thank you. Will be useful.

I cannot reproduce the issue now. :roll_eyes:

I see. I thought scrolling between patterns. :slight_smile: Sometimes we can have notes that continue from one pattern to the the next one. It will be useful to see all context. But it is a hard task I think.

New version uploaded 2.1

Improved dragging performance (still room for improvement).
New: Duplicate notes with mouse, by holding shift (like in FL)
shiftduplicate

Changelog:

• feature: new duplicate shortcut, hold shift and drag selected notes with mouse to duplicate them
  • improved: note rendering speed for mouse actions
  • fix: allow selection and deselect on disabled pattern buttons (when you edit shorter patterns)
  • fix: reset scale issue
  • removed: note hint feature (will be added back later)
7 Likes

just tried the tool for the first time and this feels so nice to use. Very impressive. :owl:

little bug I found: when trying to shift drag while the pen tool is selected it gives an error message. Doesn’t break anything though.

1 Like

Can’t view your screencap. Broken link.

oops, I edited the post

Mhn, strange. Doesn’t happen on my site. Can you post a screenshot from the error or copy the error text.

this is what it says. maybe a problem with some of my custom shorcuts? It happens only when the pen is active

i just updated to 3.3.2 but get the same message.

1 Like