Skrillex Dubstep?

here is another fact: using the word ‘gay’ to describe something as bad is considered by most modern and educated people to be ignorant, bigoted and homophobic and is therefor frowned upon. even if you are not a homophobe, your terminolgy of choice sure is tacky and of bad taste. if you go around calling things gay, you’re asking for someone to call you homophobe.

oh, and by the way; I dont like skrillex or dubstep either.

What about geigh?

if you do it in a post-ironic manner, maybe you could get away with it. but then you would have to do the whole spectacle: slim cigarettes, oversized mickey mouse t-shirts, glasses with no glass and becoming ‘best friends’ with the editors of vice.
not sure that’s a road you wanna go down.

I couldn’t listen to an hour of skrillex but some tracks by themselves are pure art imo. Incredible sounddesign, mixing and mastering. Just because he’s been flowing in the mainstream lately doesn’t mean everything he makes should be shunned. But I guess thats how it always works, with every band, musician or artist.

What if i say the ignorant is the one who immediatly thinks the word “gay” has something to do with homo sexuals? :rolleyes:
Maybe even cAMEL himself is homo sexual and actually means gay like in fun? Then you just offended him and not the other way around.
Personally i think he just watches way too much South Park, no wait, you can’t possibly watch too muc SP… ;)

Skrillex isn’t really my cup of tea, but there are many awesome sounds and nice production in between the awful stuff.

To divide me from this conversation:
This picture is reproduced after seeing a, for me, funny comment on skrillex music that said about scatta:
“it sounds like a transformer that is fucked in the ass by a dinosaur”
I find it a nice and funny way to describe this track, but I don’t want to force this kind of music into something.
gay or not gay, if you like something, like it and vice verse.
I myself like scooter (german band) and O-zone - dragostea din tei :)
and some songs of the backstreet boys. and I’m not gay.
but it makes me happy, so what’s the blame for people getting happy from skrillex music?
musical wise you can say a lot but it makes people happy, so why bother.

Can I just say

OH DEAR!!!

at this point ;)

:panic:

Yeah right. :P

Skrillex is very good at what he or she or wathever does though, i think i sounds more like a Barbie doll f’ed in the a by a Transformer, ok maybe the dinosaur was watching.

ok I admit taking the gay-thing a bit far here, I’ll just rest my case. I was feeling overly politically correct.

Fuck the whole thing. dubstep or brostep, whatever you want to call it, its over.
The music, the discussions about it, I’m tired of it.
As an example of how far it has gone, take any cultural (or even non-cultural) reference that has an audio element to it, and you will find at least one “____ dubstep” song on youtube. Try it.

Just now I looked up “gary busey dubstep” in youtube and found 2:

I even hate it when people trash current dubstep/“brostep” as not being “true” dubstep. Like anyone gave a shit about dubstep 6 years ago. There are like 3 “true” dubstep artists people like, Burial being the most often cited example – even though his music has very few of the elements that make up dubstep, but most of the elements that make uk garage…
People shouldn’t worry about the nomenclature being used wrong, they should be worrying about the fact that the music sucks ass.

Yes.

No.

I love the cover version Skrillex made for the new Syndicate game.

… I also love Accept: :yeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81qljfqwI4Q

Skrillex is just The Prodigy of our day.

You’re right. Prodigy, Tiesto, Armin, Aviici, Guetta, Skrillex… :clownstep:

Don’t believe the hype!

Oh you guys :D

7 years ago we had very similar discussions about breakcore

[quote name=‘Conner_Bw’ post=‘270060’
[/quote]

you said some stuff and i feel ya. …
but those uk folks, they certainly do have extraordinary powers at distilling things, be it art or whatever else.

It’s not my style at all whatever he makes.
It’s certainly not dubstep.
It starts alright I guess and then goes yuck yuck every-time.
I could imagine what he makes, sounds to me just like what people who really do not like dubstep, hear dubstep as.

as for the kid saying your music was dubstep,
you can’t really expect bare minimum knowledge/intelligence from anyone being as random.

I honestly don’t understand the problem with genre labels, pidgeon holing is just another word for Focused.

Skrillex opened my third eye bro. He’s all I listen to, following his patent reinvention of music itself.

edit: self-consciously making it clear, I never say bro.

iart.

So far I have managed to avoid every note of Skrillex (to my knowledge)

Wish me luck for the future