Small change, big result, a list of small suggestions

A post was split to a new topic: New, simple detune / pitchshift DSP effect

I forgot a small one that also has been mentioned sometimes before. My goto key when composing is Eb major. Renoise only treats this as D# major. A flat/sharp switch for correct notation would be nice to have, like in protracker.

(it’s global and just a visual thing)

The simple theoretical explanation:
At least with diatonic scales (the normal 7-tone ones we use most of the time), they should be notated with each pitch class being unique - e g not G and G#, but rather G and Ab. That’s why it’s Eb major and not D# major. With correct notation, D# major would have double sharps to circumvent this.

1 Like
  • None overdub record mode where the playhead deletes notes that it passes if you don’t play a new note.

• allowing multiple modulation paths for one sample

• Being able to give Patterns/Phrases a Hexadecimal number or A-Z 0-99 name would make arranging in the Pattern/Phrase Sequencer much easier. if I have 4 similar patterns that are just variations of each other, it’s hard to distinguish them when you move them around. Being able to just name them 11 12 13 14 or A1 A2 A3 A4 would be helpful.

• Being able to mute rows/sections in the sequencer. I imagine it’s probably just a break and jump to line command in the background?

3 Likes

Here some more:

• For doofers that are marked with a star, please put them into a group/dir “Doofer”, or allow to use grouping for doofers. Also currently the doofers with star seem to be saved with an absolute path? Since you can’t transfer that setting to another system, it then cannot find the doofer anymore. So remove any absolute pattern from it.