[solved] Matrix: problem of selecting a long part of column with mouse

I have a little problem in Matrix. My purpose is to select a long-range patterns that is out of the screen in vertical with the mouse.

I use: Windows 7 64bits and R3.1b3 64bits, screen 1920x1080 pixels

Steps:

1. Select the Matrix.
  2. Create a track with more patterns than the height of the screen, eg 40 patterns or more.
  3. Select pattern number 0 with mouse (one left click, and only select one pattern).
  4. Press Shift in keyboard and hold.
  5. Roll the mouse wheel to reach the pattern 30.
  6. Left click mouse in pattern number 30, for select range from pattern 0 to pattern 30.

The problem : In step 5 (roll the mouse wheel), the pattern 0 selected in step 3, loses the selection. Should remain selected. Impedes continue with step 5. This does not happen in step two if you select two patterns (patterns 0 & 1) and you follow steps 4, 5 and 6.

The same happens if you select multiple patterns of multiple tracks in Matrix. This does not happen in the Pattern Editor, where work correctly. Test the same steps in the Pattern Editor to select rows…

Also happens on XP 3.1b2. Deselects the originally selected pattern on scroll beyond 1 matrix height.

Update : only in stop. If you are play (Start Playing actived), work correctly.

experienced the same, sometimes yes, sometimes not. While selecting over visible range.

Unless more than one slot is selected - without a multi-selection, moving around in the matrix will automatically reset the previous selection and set it to the cursor’s position. We’ve done that (a long while ago in Renoise 2.5) so that you can use the keyboard shortcuts like Control + C / V on whatever is below the cursor. Everything else turned out to be very confusing.

Don’t think we should change that as this will create even more confusion. But we could avoid/suppress that while holding down the Shift key. Will give this a try.

…

Don’t think we should change that as this will create even more confusion. But we could avoid/suppress that while holding down the Shift key. Will give this a try.

If keeping the SHIFT key, theselection is not lost even if you roll the mouse wheel, it would be great (prevent the wheel of mousecauses the loss of selection).

Thank you!

I undertake to testin the next beta version.

taktik,thank you very much to solve this with “SHIFT” in R3.1b4.It works perfect!!! :smiley:

1 Like