Some news about the upcoming Renoise release

Ah, the Internet.

In other news, OHMYGODRENOISE3.0

auf dieses großartige stück software und diese community, über all die jahre, kannst du/könnt ihr, taktik, nur stolz sein … B)

… bin gespannt auf 3.0 und wünsche weiterhin extrem gutes gelingen! :walkman:

renoise rulez! :yeah:

I really hope this release will come with more than 9000 patterns, 90000 instruments, 9000 dsp per tracks.

Renoise 3.0 will be… K0RE

Stimmt, ich auch!!!

:w00t: :yeah: :dribble: :w00t: :D

hail for the renoise team!!!
marketing sucks, and you people are real! Im just now making use of meta devices and all the modularity it allows, so, im not a fanatic of upgrades and i like the ones who really add to the app.

Most likely.

This made my day! Beware… winter is coming, and christmas!

You guys are being way to nice and expecting of things to come. This will cause the devs to be super anxious (programmers are shy creatures) to release 3.0 because they’ll be afraid it won’t be enough for everybody waiting (so long). This will cause a ‘it’s not perfect yet’ attitude and it will NEVER be released! Tone it down a bit alright?

So yeah… I expect nothing really… meh… maybe some new colorthemes included? Meh… whatever…

Also, splash screen should be updated. It would be decent if the version number changes.

hi there,
is any chance to have LV2 support in renoise 3 or a bridge to run windows vst/vsti dll :walkman:

another great thing would be a virtual analog synth with good modulations matrix

hope :w00t:

(I saw someone write in german. So…)

Åhfyfan! Renoise 3.0! Vad som än släpps kommer det vara över allas förväntan! Den dagen kommer definitivt att vara som lilla julafton. En stor eloge till alla som jobbar med att ge oss mer än vi förtjänar. Skål!

^^ Translated from Swedish to English:

Holy shit! Renoise 3.0! Whatever will be released, it will stand above everybodys’ expectations. That day will definitely be like Little Christmas. Big kudos to everybody who are working at providing us with more than we deserve. Cheers!

</end of translation>

Well, I was thinking about taktik’s remark in the initial post - that some people will find 3.0’s main features a bit unexpected. What could that be? After some really hard thinking, staying up all night to figure it out, I came to the conclusion based on some secret Bayesian probability formulas: Renoise 3.0 will be about social tracking. The developers have probably tried to implement some Internet networking tracking features, that enable people work on the same .xrns in realtime. That’s my final guess.

I’m hoping for a twitter client. IRC is so 1990s.

Unexpected is a synonym for disappointed.

Thrown away large parts of it again because we haven’t been fully happy with them, and partly started from scratch.
Some of those features also required rewriting large parts of the codebase;

Everytime you click on “Pattern Editor”, you’ll be forwarded to a music notation interface.
Interface is now only available in standard CGA colors.
Audio channel/resolution is locked to 4 channels 8bit 22KHz.

:P

I think the big addon is going to be some kind of modular routing… :rolleyes:

I’m still hoping for a lot of small fixes here and there, like GFF doing “true” legato, some way to do relative tempo changes, etc etc…

but i really hope for sustain pedal to work “live”, ie. just fire up renoise, load a piano .xrni and start playing =) (it works for VST/DSSI plugins, but i’d like to use native .xrni sounds too)

Very small features, but very important to me.

Does twitter have group chat or something? I’m looking for something is like a Google+ Hangout, but not Google… If that makes any sense… I’d prefer something from a different company. It would be nice if Twitter implemented this. Do they already have it?

Weird…

Anyways +1, a twitter client would be really cool