Some news about the upcoming Renoise release

That’s about the only promise that the Devs have ever made. That time will not be spent wasted on such features when it is not the aim of Renoise to be a Mod player for defunct formats. Don’t hold your breath! And your “half the userbase” I think is more than a little overestimated!!

If people can provide exact examples of incorrect playback, with files provided and what the result should of been, then the Devs have been known to at least attempt to improve it a bit. But you should feel lucky it even has the level of support built in that it already does.

Thanks for the info. Looking foward to the betas?

I wanted to say the same; now I waited and saw Shiroshii got +1 and kazakore got +10 in less time…

Looks like Renoise has gone downhill with 3.0.

Thanks for the info taktik! :drummer:
Can’t wait to see what’s in v3.0 when it comes. I’m assuming this will take some pretty more time because of this update posted at this time. I’ll hold my breath till autumn!

Take ur dev time. I am willing to take the pain of waiting. Good to know you did not starve due to low prices for excellent coding. ;)

Ib the contrary, the UI obviously has been taken into consideration low resolution devices like smartphones and low cost tablets. UI bloat has been reduced by hiding non critical elements (scopes, pattern display, the tracks, automation) behind dedicated buttons. Since everything is now done using 8 colors only, even the CPU cycles used for rendering have been significantly lowered, using up much less energy, Renoise has gone green! To put it otherwise : your GPU finally is able to mine bitcoins at full speed while you compose the tune of your life. Becoming rich has never been easier and more fun before.

I really am looking forward to the new version (to be honest: 2.8 still delivers more than I am capable if using)

It’s been a little while since I fired up 2.8 and I’ve still not used it a great deal (well, not enough)… Each time I do there always seems to be another release afoot! Thanks for the update, Taktik, looking forward to it! ;)

ohhh i need to buy an upgrade, my licenceis valid for 2.9… wháááááááá :D

You damn right.

Can’t wait, I hope it’s soon! :)

I don’t think so… that’s why this topic was started I’d guess.

Hi,

I had to say:
FUCKING RELEASE THAT SHIT PLEASE.

Also adding that I’m an user since 1.2, circa 2003, 10 years of renoise… long live!

Renoise 3.0 “Santa Edition

Renoise 3.0 release date: 25th Dec 2013? :P

+1 for cats tab!

This report reflects my philosophy.