Sononym - Sample Browser

(toimp) #201

Sononym needs an option to hide not loadable sound files:

https://imgur.com/a/n89sEum

It seems is not possible to get the vorbis.acm working in 64bit environment in Windows 10, so alot FL samples cant be indexed correctly.

(lilith) #202

Is it possible to drag and drop files directly from SONONYM to RENOISE in Linux? I tried, but it’s not working.

(Meef Chaloin) #203

Doesn’t work for me either. Weirdly it does work with reaper.

(lilith) #204

Hm… :frowning:

I won Redux or Sononym and Redux has other problems with receiving keystrokes …

Also mention the ‘preview’ sononym integrator -> New Tool (3.1) Sononym Integration (PREVIEW)

(lilith) #206

I tried it, but it doesn’t work.

Maybe you can explain lilith what doesn’t work for you, I’m sure danoise might be interested? (Maybe be better in that other thread.)

(Meef Chaloin) #208

I can’t get that to work either, it doesn’t recognise the configuration folder (I assume I’m choosing the correct one, ~/.config/Sononym).

(lilith) #209

Same here: I replied in the other thread.

(ffx) #210

Sononym is so great that I actually started to google for “sononym” instead “synonym” :joy:

(tL One) #211

Hey there.

When using Sononym on Windows it shuts down Audio from the DAW.
(When Audio service is started by Sononym, the DAW shuts down its audio server.
When I start Sononym first and then the DAW it’s the other way around. The DAW will shutdown
Sononyms Audioserver.)

Anybody knows why this happens? This is in Windows 10 only. (<-- Parallels installation with ASIO4All
on a Mac). On OSX no problems. But I need to use windows right now for several reasons.

I am not used to windows, so I do not know what’s going on.

Anyone any idea?

Best,
tL.

(danoise) #212

Hey tL, I missed out on your post.

Anybody knows why this happens?

Could you share anything about the sound card or driver that you’ve picked?
I mean, it sounds like the driver needs exclusive access - this is often the case with ASIO, but of course it might be something else.

(tL One) #213

Hey there. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s an ASIO4All installation with (FL Studio) ASIO Driver selected,
as this is the only one that really works well.

Normal ASIO gives clicks&crackles.
and my MOTU PCI Audio Driver isn’t supported anymore under Win10.

(Jesse Schilling) #214

In FL Studio’s Audio settings, under the drop down where you chose ASIO4ALL, there is a checkbox labeled something along the lines of auto-mute or auto-switch… something like that. Is that check box marked? Selecting or de-selecting that should allow Sononym to steal the audio server while you are running FL. Basically, if you minimize FL (or if playback is paused I think) it will let other software use the sound server.