Strp Festival

Damn Luke vibert and Tim Exile at the same time… :huh:

If vibert is just going to play records a la dj-ing, I’ll be checking out Exile as I’ve heard he has a killer live set-up.

Luke Vibert plays two times so you can check them both :)

Yeah I saw that later. :D

And as Jonas said: Tim Exile DOES have a killer live-preformance!!

sickness!!! now how do I get there!?

take the train ( eurostar something ,when you don’t have a car ) DO not take the ferry …I ve been stuck in f…ck…n ramsgate…because I was a pedestrian (pedestrians are not allowed on the ferry )…unless you have a car … problem solved …get off at ostende and take the highway to eindhoven ( you might wanna stop in gent …lovely city )
Exeter is quite far away…so you’re from cornwall ?
google maps

It’ll be worth it! Be sure to come early to have a “buffer”. If you have time left go visit a coffeeshop or something :)

I saw half these guys last weekend at bloc.
Such a rad weekend it was.
You guys are in for a treat.
I’d be interested in aphex and hecker do a similar performance.
We got really heavy acid and more strobes than a strobe fight in strobe city.
Also, someone with a weird speaker suit.

1 more week remaining! :D

Oh! If anyone around Amsterdam needs a lift to Eindhoven that day, you can ride with me. Maybe we can split the costs. Alot cheaper and faster than OV ;)

Want to go there…no money …pas de fric…broke…platzak…lege beurs…AAAAAaaaaaargh…

zaterdag is uitverkocht/sold out! Maar ze zoeken nog barmensen gentle :) hustle je weg naar binnen!

is’t proberen waard …

A Renoise barcrew would be awesome. Free drinks to Renoise users! :lol:

TOMORROWWWWWW!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tomorrow after tomorrow!!! :(

:yeah:

Pfff… where to find the words?

First of all, it was awesome to meet BotB after seven (!!) years of knowing eachother through music communities and chatapplications. It was also very nice to finally meet mr. Charly Linch ;) It was one hell of a party :dribble:

– Robob: A nice warming up for the rest of the night. Solid grooves.

-> Squarepusher: Awesome! His bass skills were amazing!

-> Ceephax Acid Crew: Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiid! Fuck! Unz unz! Dance like a baboon!

-> Aphex Twin: Unfortunately very crowded and hot. It was bloody brilliant though! What an intense buildup. Starting with chilly house, going to techno, moving on to schranz and finally ending in hardcore mashed up with crazy breaks! It was one big trip. The visuals deserve a mention here aswell. Live autopsies, poo and pee sex, spooning eyeballs out, genius! I even saw some people passing out and vomitting… hahaha :D

-> Tim Exile: Quite a suprise. ALOT of vocal work, which sounded very very good. I was very impressed.

-> Gomes: My first introduction to Dubstep (yeah shame on me), I think I found my new love :) It’s so great to groove on these massive gangster beats with deeeeeeeeep basslines. Seeing the whole crowd going up and down was wonderfull to see.

-> Rustie: Okay. He just sucked ass. Playing cheesy hiphop isn’t that bad, but the way he built his set and made his transitions were simply horrible. Not to mention he let his mixer sent out the audio signal way too loud, which resulted into a massive distorted mess. I wish I had rotten tomatoes with me…

-> Venetian Snares: What to say? Extremely impressive. It was a bit too extreme for me though. I couldn’t cope with the constant flashing lights and bizarre fast rythms. My mind couldn’t comprehend the violence mister Snares shot at me. I even started hallucinating a bit. I couldn’t escape the lights. When you closed your eyes things became even worse. I have to admit it was very special. Not my cup of tea, but very impressive. I decided to move on to…

-> Benga: Dubstep master! A nice closing act. Alot more my thing then Snares. I used up my last energy and just when I became tired the party ended. Great timing :)

Sorry for these vague and rather “general” comments. It’s hard to put this evening into words…

Anyway, thanks BotB and friends for a great night :yeah:

Ah we’re doing reviews…

Tim exile!! my hero!
This guy keeps impressing me!

Before I say the next… this is only my opinion.

Aphex…
Even my little sister made better music on crack with her casio-keyboard back in '96 then you did yesterday.
(might be the hacker influences though)
see for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ZpkYdDytM

Venetian Snares and acid is a BIG NO for me but later on he did where he is good at. Creating total chaos!

Squarepusher, ceephax, luke vibert: also great!

Nice venue, nice atmosphere and I met some nice fellow-renoisers again!

Hmmm. Maybe the die-hard Aphex fans were disapointed. Me on the other hand, someone who only knows Come to Daddy and Windowlicker, loved every second of it. He was the man of the night for me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBjOyjEAW1E

This was the best part. It made me cry out of euphoria, srlsy.