Stuff we actually need :(

am i the only thinking ‘‘why renoise doesn’t come with a native multi-band compression device’’

for processing in the mixer tracks…:frowning:

do you guys use it at all…it seems that renoise users dont multiband compress .

well there is possibility to use the multiband send pointing to three send channels (or more by stacking the multiband devices properly…), and compress there, but it is a hassle to set up.

Imho renoise don’t need multiband compressor, but parallel processing doofer where you can multiband send inside, to get the most of the devices already there. A bit like instrument fx but inside a doofer. Then you can build your multiband compressor/limiter inside that thing and just put on track or master. It will for sure have many other incredible use cases other than multiband compression.

I think most users just use a vst…

1 Like

yeah like ableton’s instrument and fx racks…yeah that would be even better …but …it seems unlikely that they add that feature…:frowning:

indeed it would solve a lot of issues…and of course nu possibilities…freq spliting…parallel processing of distortion…etc…

:(…better not dream of this

I don’t dream of it, I already do in the inst fx with renoise native instruments…just use as many fx chains as you like and send in between to create complex routings that can involve parallel action. If using vst instruments you can also do the same on track level, just create a shitload of send channels. But it is a bit more work to create/maintain such setups especially due to the lack of presets generation etc.

Why not dream of parallel processing doofers? Who knows what the next versions of renoise might bring?

ohh no you got me wrong…yeah… i know it can be implemented but only with sample based instruments …

and no one uses parallel processing of… vsts in the mixer channels…because as you say…the result would be a dozens of send channels…

but thats what im talking about the straightforward multi-band device…because there are already compressors inside renoise

how hard can it be…to create 3 of this compressors packed in one …with freq splitting capabilities in 3 or 4 bands …so we can compress on the mixer channels…

basically using the devices they already have…they ended up creating a doofer

i know people have been demanding …a lot of other features …that they think are far more important…but a multiband compressor

has a lot of use …

and yeah why not dream…as you say…of parallel processing doofers…

but…since i saw that there are features on demand for years…in this forum…

thats why i dont…bother myself on think of that :frowning:

the free cockos /reaper plugins are what you need

https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/

thank you very much i didnt know they have this stuff for free

Parallel signal processing is what is needed. A detachable effect rack might save some time scrolling into eternaty as well.

Parallel signal processing is what is needed. A detachable effect rack might save some time scrolling into eternaty as well.

yeah …to kinda solve the scrolling i like to process the sounds

in the effects instrument page

and only use …the mixer channel insert to mix…and to fade in/out or filter entire groups…

I use TDR Nova, which is free:http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/… but I agree with you that a multiband compressor (or the flexibility to create one with a doofer) would be nice to have.

My smallest screen nowadays is 3K. I need a proper scalable user interface and not bandaid fixes for this.

Oh, and being able to assign a sample to multiple modulation groups in the instrument editor would be great!

I would prefer an Ableton like parallel container device, and this included into the existing band split device. Then using comp/buscomp on the band slots. So a bitwig like approach. You can fiddle it now using send tracks, but that’s kinda annoying to use workflow-wise.

Receive device.

yes now I see the light, receive device could indeed also solve this, at minimum cost of having to alter how renoise works like now on gui level. but parallel processing chains will look like fucking spaghetti code that only its creator will understand, hehheh…

Another thing we need: Sample start (automatable)

1 Like

We need our licenses honored. We’re all just left in the dark with the next update after 2 years. Get real.

It’s situations like this where you gotta ask yourself “how many businesses sustained clientele with this sort of treatment?”

am i the only thinking ‘‘why renoise doesn’t come with a native multi-band compression device’’

for processing in the mixer tracks…:frowning:

do you guys use it at all…it seems that renoise users dont multiband compress .

I don’t think that counts as needed. Desirable? Yes. NEEDED. No. There are a million Multiband compressors that will work with renoise are thinks that can be fixed with a plug-in. High res display or audio tracks just can’t be plugged in.

I don’t think that counts as needed. Desirable? Yes. NEEDED. No. There are a million Multiband compressors that will work with renoise are thinks that can be fixed with a plug-in. High res display or audio tracks just can’t be plugged in.

well multiband compression is needed in mastering …mixing … …

key aspects of actually producing music…every DAW comes with a built in multiband device …maybe crappy … maybe awesome…

but renoise …dont have one

i want audio tracks too…but every decent multiband compressor out there…costs as much as renoise…

…but they already have compressor devices…and freq splitter and filter algorithms to do the freq splitting …

why not pack this features in one device…so we can process …vst’s natively without the need of external audio effects

and by the way …ive managed the multiband issue…someone in the thread recommend me …the reaplugs

well multiband compression is needed in mastering …mixing … …

key aspects of actually producing music…every DAW comes with a built in multiband device …maybe crappy … maybe awesome…

but renoise …dont have one

You can already multiband compress using send tracks and native compressors or use a VST for it. If we get a receive device you could easily set up a multiband compressor natively in a doofer, so for me that would be way more awesome. :slight_smile:

Vector point automation.