Stuff we actually need :(

You can already multiband compress using send tracks and native compressors or use a VST for it. If we get a receive device you could easily set up a multiband compressor natively in a doofer, so for me that would be way more awesome. :slight_smile:

the Bellows …

bro i feel like we are …talking the same :frowning:

yeah …multiband device …receiver device…the same shit :slight_smile:

at least one of the two its what we need

the Bellows …

bro i feel like we are …talking the same :frowning:

yeah …multiband device …receiver device…the same shit :slight_smile:

I don’t think that is the same thing. A multiband compressor would be a DSP effect, while a ‘receive device’ would be a modular device that could be used for parallell processing in any DSP chain.

I’m guessing that the CPU cost and latency is the biggest problem with a ‘receive device’, but i don’t know? It sounds so easy, it just needs one or alternatively several send inputs with a slider for each. I’m not coding this stuff, so i really have no idea how complicated it would be to implement.

Another idea for what we actually need:

Optional VU meter for all DSPs. Ooh, that would have been great. :slight_smile:

Came here to second the suggestion fornative multi-band compression device but came to know aboutthe free cockos /reaper plugins. Problem solved. Thank you SO much!

ohh no you got me wrong…yeah… i know it can be implemented but only with sample based instruments …

and no one uses parallel processing of… vsts in the mixer channels…because as you can read …the result would be a dozens of send channels…

but thats what im talking about phenq because there are already compressors inside renoise how hard can it be…to create 3 of this compressors packed in one …with freq splitting capabilities in 3 or 4 bands …so we can compress on the mixer channels…

basically using the devices they already have…they ended up creating a doofer

i know people have been demanding …a lot of other features …that they think are far more important…but a multiband compressor

has a lot of use …

and yeah why not dream…as you say…of parallel processing doofers…

but…since i saw that there are features on demand for years…in this forum…

thats why i dont…bother myself on think of that :frowning:

ohh no you got me wrong…yeah… i know it can be implemented but only with sample based instruments …

and no one uses parallel processing of… vsts in the mixer channels…because as you say…the result would be a dozens of send channels…

but thats what im talking about the straightforward multi-band device…because there are already compressors inside renoise

how hard can it be…to create 3 of this compressors packed in one …with freq splitting capabilities in 3 or 4 bands …so we can compress on the mixer channels…

basically using the devices they already have…they ended up creating a doofer

i know people have been demanding …a lot of other features …that they think are far more important…but a multiband compressor

has a lot of use …

and yeah why not dream…as you say…of parallel processing doofers…

but…since i saw that there are features on demand for years…in this forum…

thats why i dont…bother myself on think of that :frowning:

Detachable mixer window. Pretty much every DAW has this and multiple monitor setups are pretty common these days. Being able to see mixer and patterns across monitors would be the best Christmas present ever.

I would like to second the suggestion. Detachable mixer window would be great.

What about an oscilator view in the spectrum analyzer window.

I came to say that i’m missing something like doofer with parallel chain posibilities (not for compression only tho, but rather creative and complex ones as i used to in ableton for example in fx racks). It would make procedures more straight and let us concentrate on sound rather on making a bit complex (at the moment) routing. - The only thing that i’m missing actually in renoise.

For me, it would really love to have some sort of dedicated FM device to run the samples through. Not necessarily as a part of a sampler, but a native device like the RingMod would be nice. That would give us yet another plugin that we wouldn’t have to use as VST or AU. Looking at the 2020 Semi-Modular Beat Machine as an example.

It would also be nice to have one built into the sampler to turn our basic wave-shapes (or otherwise) into FM synths in their own right. I’m able to work around this by creating FM waveforms and use them, but when it comes down to modulation possibilities over time, it would be nice to have something else besides the volume/pitch/filter to be modulated. A second timbral modulation, essentially.

Also, a granular module or granular capabilities within the sampler… That would be fantastic. I’d love to be able to do all of my modulation in the box.

2 Likes

I second FM device proposal. I have fun with clipping and folding distortion, but it’s not the same that playing with several waveforms.

1 Like

besides the features i asked here in the past like

• audio tracks
  • parallel processing in a rack device !

i want to add

• redesigned browser make it more open the ability to add unlimited custom locations like all major daws support today
  • also make all the main areas detachable i have two 27’’ monitors now and i like to have the 2nd monitor with the mixer view permanently to quickly mix volumes and visualize levels etc

if its not much to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that it looks like we’ll see a Renoise update (yay), I’m hoping this is the thread that might get noticed for features, etc.

I’d like to see

• audio tracks
  • full remapping of shortcuts, including core input (notes, etc)
  • VST browser showing on disk file hierarchy
  • better support for routing audio to external effects (it’s been a while since I’ve tried this, I can’t recall if it was do-able at all, or just limited to just a stereo pair from my ASIO device)

I assume that taktik has a pretty good idea what is going into the next version already, so i think it’s best to sit down and wait for the release and look at what it brings before making new suggestions. Poor guy couldn’t possibly handle all the suggestions spewed out on this forum, so i don’t really think these suggestions, that mostly has been suggested several times already, makes it any easier for the team to navigate.
Everyone wants to be heard and have their wishes fulfilled, but that is not going to happen and you should not expect it either.
Chill down, have a beer or 3 and before you know it things will happen in the backstage. :beers:

3 Likes

i guess whats left its to start a new ! ! “”“guess the feature thread”"" so people can guess which features are going to be included ! :slight_smile:

:joy:

2 Likes

Givez me feazures:

4 Likes

Yup. Exactly.

Also, right now it’s just me developing for Renoise. Don’t expect any miracles from us please. I’ve got a family and other projects that I’m taking care of as well and same is true for the other Renoise team members. The release will take some time, but it’s on it’s way…

The update, as it’s planed now, basically will just be about fixing a few pending bugs, “modernizing” a few things here and there and hopefully adding a few little new features here and there. As usual we’re the lack of ideas for new features isn’t the bottleneck, but realizing them is. We’ll simply do what can be done in a decent amount of time.

17 Likes

yeah you are rght my dear the renoise Stevenson come in compression device

i just want the Mixer EQ mid parameter to go all the way to like 22 kHz. :frowning: would help a lot in editing treble issues

Just a few very simple small things,

1. A toggle on/off button in sample properties (for pad drummers triggering loops to drum over).

2.In sampler - modulation - LFO, add sync to lines and ticks…currently you can sync to milliseconds and beats only.

3.Update the pattern effect commands which do not yet cycle in time with the songs ticks per line and BPM ( vibrato, tremelo, autopan ).

4.In sampler modulation pitch envelope, one octave is marked as 1000, shouldnt it be 1200? Maybe I am wrong on this one, I thought it should be 100 cents per semitone. I guess if you bring ‘pitch range’ down to 10 semitones that way makes sense.

1. In ‘Global Groove’ the sliders reach 100% when the actual groove might actually be maximum 75% or 66%.

Vowel filter

Sample and Hold

Do you mean as separate devices? I know the sampler has both of those built in. The LFO is also a separate device and it has as the random mode, which is about as close as you’re going to get to a S&H. It is a random-value square wave; as in random +/- values. If you want to also randomize the timing, hook up another LFO to the first LFO, and have the auxiliary LFO modulate the timing with the same random setting. Set values to taste. As far as lag/slew, I don’t know how to make those happen, but there may be a way. You can even make a Doofer out of them to get that as an all-in-one device.

Vowel filters are available in the modulation devices (Chorus/Flanger/Phaser). If you want to use them separately, you can just turn the effect level down on the modulation portion. So, turn off the Chorus/Flanger/Phaser, but use the various filters.

Thanks. I hadnt spotted that vowel filter inside chorus and flanger. Nice