Stuff we actually need :(

Anytime! Just about any effect outside of very specific granular/spectral/FM stuff can be done within Renoise, it’s all kinda hidden away somewhere. Another thing that really made Renoise even better was un-hiding the deprecated effects. There’s some real treats hidden within.

https://www.renoise.com/tools/native-dsp-context-menu

A veritable boat-load of older effects that are sometimes very handy. Different filters, different distortions, reverbs, etc. Just amazing that it wasn’t included outright.

I’d like the ability to change the pan law like I can in Reaper. An AU fix for Mac is needed, but I’m sure that’s already been fixed for the next update. One thing that has always bothered me, and this just might be me simply not knowing how to do this, but when I have muted tracks and then solo to unsolo another track, everything that was muted before soloing a specific track becomes unmuted once I unsolo the track. I assume this is user error, but I don’t know how to keep muted tracks muted after unsoloing something. If that is just by design, that should be changed.

You have this option on ‘Solo’ in the preferences Misc section? Preferences - Renoise User Manual

• Solo mode (right click):
  • Mute Others: Solo-ing a track will cause all other tracks to be muted. Unsolo-ing will unmute all other tracks.
  • Solo: Solo-ing and unsolo-ing track will retain the mute states of all other tracks.
2 Likes

Thanks, man.

Some sort of plugin instrument container seems needed. Being able to setup keyzones on various plugins and what not for doing things like creating drum kits or just multi vst instruments in general.

1 Like

Wet/dry option for every insert plugin, Renoise and third-party, just a default option on all plugins. Give the ability to automate it as well.

2 Likes