Suddenly my Waves plugins disappeared

Like topic says my Waves plugins suddenly vanished from Renoise.
I tried reinstalling the plugins, but it doesn’t seem to help. I tried rescanning plugins multiple times to no avail.
I tried restarting my computer several times…no luck.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

I’m on Win 10 btw.
I recently unplugged the power chord from my computer yesterday as i was cleaning and refurnishing and when i started the computer today it booted into a mode where it asked if i wanted to open setup or just start normally. I didn’t think much of it, but could it perhaps have something to do with my issue?

1 Like

exact same problem, the fuckin shells are all over the shop.Give up on any vst3 waves you have.My renoise crashed and when i opened it back up all the default settings were gone, vsts gone, theme gone, first time that ever happened.Unfortunately you will get no help here.I don’t think the renoise developers care about waves for some reason.Been having problems with wave shells for years.Years.Never been fixed.

1 Like

try to remove all waveshells from vst dirs
then open renoise, do a plugin scan
close renoise, put back waveshells
open renoise, do a scan again
then close renoise
then open renoise, open your project

1 Like

Do you mean like this file

I hate this soution, why can’t they release a simple dll like normal developers? Why making things so goddamn difficult? I consider looking for cracked versions instead so i don’t have to deal with this crap.

1 Like

No, the onces which are in the VST directories.

There are so many developers which are better and more user friendly than Waves, I don’t think it’s necessary to look for cracked shit. Besides of that you probably will have the same issues with cracked stuff from Waves. Good work should be rewarded, so check out some other developers and reward them by using and buying their products. Otherwise there won’t be any good products in future anymore.

1 Like

I uninstalled all my Waves stuff and swore off them. Luckily i had only bought stuff off them in sales and my total investment was only around £150. Maybe less. Shitty business practices should not be rewarded with investment.

Sorry to hear about the issues; gonna say though, I’m on Windows 10 and Waves VST2&3 seem fine:
Capture

1 Like

@TheBellows Look at the normal vst directories. I think under Windows, it should be in /Programs x64/Steinberg/Vstplguins or /Programs x64/Vstplugins? Also maybe in the programs 32bit dir. You know what I mean. Do exactly what I wrote, it normally fixes all scanning problems with waves under macos. I don’t think the mechanism under Windows is that different.

P.S. If you never did such things before, or your system maybe even is protected by some nonsense system files “protection” (common in macos these days), you probably should not try that, because your computer could explode.

1 Like

Try remove CachedFailedVSTs_x64.db and CachedFailedVST3s_x64.db in your preference folders and do a rescan.

Here’s a thread about Waves and Renoise:

And maybe have a look around their support website:

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for your help ffx, but i struggle to find any VST related folder with anything related to waves, but i will continue looking.
Do these files have a special extension or something which i could include in a search on my harddrive?

Thanks, i will try this.

you lucky son of a bitch,seems to be the luck of the draw on some plugins.Previous tricks ive used,for years.It does work but it always fails somewhere down the line. VST3 waves however rarely work.I have to leave them in the failed cache otherwise renoise becomes a nightmare just to open.

Mine has worked well for months, but just suddenly stopped showing up. Thanks to all you great guys they are back for now.
I deleted the CachedFailedVSTs_x64.db and CachedFailedVST3s_x64.db and that seemed to do the trick :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.