The Bitwig thread

2 Likes

Found this beauty of a grid project by Polarity in the discord Bitwig chat:

2 Likes

How do you use the Spectrum Analyzer in Bitwig? With the current resolution I think it’s quite useless.

2 Likes

what do you mean resolution !!!

if you want to slow the speed of the waveform you need to change the scale setting in the bottom left corner

No i mean the resolution of the frequency scale. In Renoise you can increase it.

1 Like

Bitwig looks nice.

If you use Windows, I can recommend a combination of:

• Renoise - supports REWIRE, so you can you use it as a master or as a client with another DAW that supports REWIRE too
  • Cakewalk Bandlab - it is great, fast, you can amend its UI as you want, supports Rewire, VST3 etc. - and at now is FREE! - I am using it now as a “main” DAW.
  • Reason 11 Intro - as someone mentioned above, for the price $99 it is unbeatable. It offers all nice synths and effects you will “ever” need (But I know, we all want more and more :-)). BTW two years ago just Reason EUROPA synths cost the same price as a whole Reason Intro now. Unfortunately, Reason 11 doesn´t supports REWIRE now (I don´t understand this decision) but you can load Reason Rack as VST 3 in the main DAW. Current Renoise doesn´t support VST3, so you cannot load Reason Rack directly in Renoise. Use Cakewalk as a REWIRE master for Renoise and load Rason Rack as VST3.

Using the power of Renoise tracker and good piano roll together was my dream that came true…

dream

1 Like

i’m afraid that’s a no for now :frowning: also i was confused i thought you were talking about the oscilloscope

the reason they didn’t include Rewire for version 11 is to force the already customers to upgrade
there’s no need for a rack if you can rewire like in version 10

Sorry, I didn´t want to break your conversation. I just found this topic and tried to show a different way.

Yes. Many Reason users didn’t upgrade, it is obvious from some forums and youtube. If I could I would downgrade to Reason Intro 10. There is need to have rewire if you want to use Reason sequencer. That is not too bad. Reason rack is nice to have feature but support for rewire is better for me. Or to have both possibilities together.

1 Like

np bro !!! :slight_smile:

Yes, oscilloscope in Bitwig is really good, but the analyzer lacks of even basic features, like the slope factor. I have no idea how people find an analyser useful without 4dB - 4.5dB slope factor. Also no channel mix features. Everything looks like a fat bass :joy:

What the story behind 4.5 dB? Should you get a horizontal line for a well balanced mix?

That’s the idea, yes. Not really a flat line, but roughly.

2 Likes

Very interesting watch, with the master of synthesis himself:

1 Like

i made a simple tut on how to create a reese bass in bitwig

the random modulator works perfect as a replacement for automation specially when all you want is a random curve that moves slowly and introduces slow variation

2 Likes

made this tut this morning inspired in ned rush tutorials

2 Likes

Thanks for bumping this thread!!!

1 Like
2 Likes

Every Summersale I’m testing Bitwig.
To be honest I fnd the Renoise mixer by far better than the mixer in Bitwig. Also I’m getting xruns with Bitwig at very low DSP loads of ca. 10 % or so. I’m still testing, but these seem to occur only with Jack, not with Alsa.

2 Likes

i always forget you are on linux …

good news is that there are a lot of linux users in the bitwig discord maybe they can help you troubleshot some of your problems

i also updated to 3.2 some nice cool features they added <3