The Dead Dog`s Renoise Comp Round 1

website version 2 uploaded, sent by PM to kazakore, let’s see what he thinks. hoping to finish this in time for the outcome of Round 2, that would be great.

had a really strange problem with embedded soundcloud links making my firefox crash with a script error. it seemed to dissapear when i changed the id for the logo-title in the header from ‘title’ to ‘logo_title’. no idea about this. strange stuff. seems to work fine now. already worked perfectly in chrome. did not test IE, as i do not have it installed (i think?)

yes great stuff rhowaldt :yeah:

Edited. I was thinking more like this.

http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/DDRCTest/round1.php

I really should make the effort upload individual files and turn info after entry name into links to specific file! Messy and appears lazy otherwise.

Also numbered order doesn’t quite work once there are the round is over. I will make a normal list (or maybe just a div as probably don’t want bullet points either.) EG this one should go 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5 based on amount of votes. EDIT: Obviously can only be done once I rename Soundcloud files. DONE

Some work to do but I think you’ve given my what I need to work on…

Getting there :)

ah, you meant the entire set linked like that! yeah, looks perfect man.

can i gather from this that my work here is done? you can fly solo from here? hope i’ve given you a nice basic introduction to php in the process :)

Yeah, sorry wasn’t clear enough on that.

Pretty much at least. Think I know enough (or can refresh my memory) to edit stylesheet.css as may add colour to Winner, maybe makes links more obvious (at least on hover) and possible small changes I should be able to manage but any questions and I’ll hit you up if that’s OK.

And surely there is more to php than it being html without you having to specify the css links?

Is this working with Frames? Hear they are best avoided, especially if you want to be catalogued by the likes of Google, but wondering more out of curiosity.

Seems quite nice and simple though :)

Hmmm can only have three Soundcloud Sets unless I pay for (take donations) a subscription to go Pro though… Guess I can cope with only the three latest having the widget as all files will be downloaded from my server. Is a shame though…

yeah, no problem, always happy to help.

yes indeed. i built my personal startpage (iGoogle principle, without the ability to add/remove widgets of course, as it is my site i know exactly what i want) in php and it uses a php-page to process the searches from my custom-made searchbar. php is programming as well, but in its basic form i use it as i said, as html-glue (and, as you may have noticed, efficient navigation)

should work with frames. but you are right, frames are best avoided, and nowadays it is all done through div’s positioned and styled by css. the same goes for site layouts built from tables. that stuff is oldschool, messy and inefficient. i did use a table to rebuild your competition timetable on the main page, but in that case it was a table combined with css, making it, again, efficient. you can change each color through css and it will change all of the blocks by that color, to give an example. but hey, this is no place for webdesign-discussion, i’m glad you can find your way around and we now have a proper website for the competition!