The 'i' In Idm

ouch… :confused:

i think Richard D. James refers to the music on his label as “Braindance”…

…not that it matters, i just like knowing shit.

man, I really really like music a lot

That’s very good ryanmca, the music Has been refered to as braindance. :wacko:

the only opinion i have on this is acronyms,

if i was in god mode.
i would change the meanings of all acronyms every 3 years.
other than a strong belief in that, i really don’t care.
:)

I’m making a great genre called: “music”.

Genre classification discussions are for people who listen to music, so they can feel good correcting you when you’re talking to them:
-“No dude you’re wrong, RANDOMEBANDNAME is trans-progressive-enema-pop rock.”

Instead of, you know, just talking about music, or making it.

How many people are able to explain me the musical difference between pop rock and progressive rock? It can be interesting in a musical theory point of view (if you can find difference at the first place), but except for this, it’s unproductive music listeners infinite useless circle-jerking discussions.

There’s nothing I hate more in the world than people lecturing you about genres in a music discussion.

You know, it’s like those Art teachers in high school, who never painted anything in their lives but will f****ing piss you off to draw something in “impressionism style”, or will bore you to death with a 4 pages long description of a Rembrandt or Van Gogh paint. Van Gogh, Picasso or Dali would rage or cry if they came back to life today and see that the things they created to catch an emotion in a blink, being described in 4 nonsense pages, and worse than that, claiming that “this is HOW YOU MUST INTERPRET THIS PICTURE OR YOU’RE WRONG”.

Maybe this will seems a bit out of topic, but in fact, you can’t find a better analogy.

When you need to label art to describe it, you’re doing it wrong.

And I like reading wikipedia! :D

Pop rock is rock produced to gain the greatest number of sales through radio and music video play.
Prog rock is a loosely structured genre of rock that focuses on melding different musical ideals and telling stories across the span of entire albums, or even through entire discographies, and potentially even other mediums.
You’re talking the same vast difference between Harlequin Romance novels and JRR Tolkien here dude.

… Which kinda indicates listener’s need for genre labels. They’re a way for people to find music that has similar sonic qualities to other music they like. It’s unfortunate that music ends up getting pigeonholed, but when I want to listen to some breakcore, at least now I know what to look for, instead of fumbling through hundreds of jungle and industrial releases looking for something remotely close to the sound I want. So, you can say “f**** genres” but in all honesty, without those labels, your fans would have quite a hard time finding you. If you really want to make waves though, make one genre of music, and label it something completely different… that way the fans from one genre will be exposed to something entirely different, think you’re godly for being innovative, and expand their audio horizons.

i think:

nonsense + (nonsense° - µnonsense) ÷ -¼nonsense ± nonsense = ♫

I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but Aphex Twin has also been referred to as drill 'n bass for many years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_'n_bass

iTarded.

this sh*t – genrelization of music – can get very annoying.
i am just pissed at the ‘i’ because music is arbitrary.
sometimes two simple chords can be played in such a rythym that it takes lots of intelligence to write it…

for me the ‘i’ is ironic. as most of the ‘i’ in the composition is replaced by randomizers…

touche…hahaha

I don’t masturbate.
Illiterate dumb mongoloid.
Indonesian dog muncher.
I do meth.
Insufficient dick money.

no matter what you guys say, I’m right