The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

BYTE-Smasher you worry me sometimes…

If I’m not worrying someone, I’m not doing my job ;)

the magic has gone a long long time ago. what remains is a legacy of shadows haunting themselves in the abyss of a producer’s nightmare called “reality”.
BOOH!

then stop living in the past man

+1 … I thought Always Outnumbered was a much better overall album. But I’ve never enjoyed every single track on a Prodigy album anyway… I usually skipped past the ones I didn’t care for. Now I just delete them :P

I reckon it’s cos he married that bird from All Saints, saps the life out of him

All birds sap the life out of you…

My point exactly BotB, my point exactly…

I was hoping so :D

bought the album a couple days ago - and all I knew from before was all these mostly negative reviews, plus I had heard the first single Invaders must die a a couple of times, which I still don’t like that much.

but i gotta say, i was actually positively surprised by the album, i’m really enjoying most of what’s on this. did not expect more from these beloved ex-rave-nu-punk-hey-check-my-tattoos guys at all.
even a bit cooler than the a.o.n.o. album, if you ask me. more energy, ruffer and just the right amount of cheese.

Exactly.

I am surprised, that no-one has mentioned the awefull, heart killing, baby eating, kitty kicking disaster of mastering work found on this album.

The songs are pretty good for what they are trying to be: rocking madness. But WHY on earth did they strip all the dynamic fidelity in favor of another strike in the cruel, ongoing loudness war? It literally makes me sick. Same thing happend to the latest Metallica album. For me it kills music, that would be quite good otherwise.

I can’t say anything about that latest Metallica album, but the cranked compressed fidality on IMD is something I really like about the album.
It really works good with the track IMD.

Personally I am more shocked by the bad DVD that came with my album.
Who would listen to a distorted live recording?

I love how people cry “loudness war” for albums where the tracks quite obviously have significant amounts of dynamics. It’s not like they just shoved everything through a brickwall compressor here. Just open the songs in any wave editor to see how much the volume levels change throughout any given track.

Yes, they use compression at times, but it’s obviously very deliberately used for effect. I can actually see the volume jumping all over the place in my player during the loud parts, which is far from typical for “loudness war” material. There are also quiet parts in the songs! GOD FORBID!

Yah, sorry, but the “loudness war” label doesn’t apply here at all. Your ears just suck.

I think the problem might be also that people think those old prodigy songs are really good when actually they’re a bit shit but they bring back loads of nostalgia and everybody goes whoopwhoop when prodigy is played at a party, which is good.

Really digging quite a few tracks of this new album :) It wouldn’t be a proper prodigy album if it didn’t get a 3/5 rating!!!

Wait what? I thought they died, like seriously. Or at least retired.

Agree with you on 2,9,10,11…

Listening now for the third time. Unlike any other record, this shit just gets worse and worse. Now I really REALLY started to hate the tracks Thunder and Colours. Thank god I didnt buy the album.

That’s my opinion too. Although I don’t really ‘delete’ the tracks I don’t like.