The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

get really addicted to tracks “Thunder” and “Warriors Dance”. simply superb rumble!

You might have a point here. I just listened to the album in the local store on headphones. And this was my impression, and I still stand by it until I listen to the album on my system. Having silent parts doesn’t mean you don’t overdo compression. You can kill dynamics while keeping volume change present.

Maybe the label “loudness war” isn’t doing the album justice, but the problem remains. There is distortion and there is distortion. One is for good effect and the other is the result of primitive, bad mastering. I had the impression, that the latter was the case on this album. But I am willing to revert my opinion, as I really liked the songs for what they were - as I already mentioned.

So… the quality on this album may be debatable. The quality of my ears isn’t.

EDIT: OK… I’ll have to revert my opinion about the sound quality. I’ve listened to the album on a good system now, and have to say that things are way less catastrophic, than I first thought. Sorry, if you felt discriminated personally, BYTE ;)

Well… I don’t know what to think of the album, yet. But “loudness war” is indeed the wrong label.

I’m getting the reverse. Something’s clicked. I’m starting to really dig this album. Silly rave dance music!
And listening to Liam’s melodies makes me think “hmm i;m not such a bad musician after all” ;)

I don’t take anything on the internets personally :P … I just like stirring the pot ;)

Well there’s your issue :P … record stores are no place to listen to music… most of the ones I’ve been in use the cheapest headphones they can find… probably to avoid paying too much to repair them… vandalism and all.

I must really like the 90’s, didn’t this track grow on you in time?
After a few runs now, I really dig this song.

It grew on me only slightly after I heard the original. Even then, I think it’s a poorly produced track, and the vocal track is horrible.

what original? some track actually from 90s? link is appreciated,
my googling just returned some wicked war dance stuff

I found it on youtube… I can’t be arsed to find it again

Original is Plus staples - We got 2 be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u1LvMZJ9-0

Although it has nothing to do with it apart from the vocal sample.

thanks.
good to know

but i still can’t get what she sings in the end of the phrase there…

“show me now whyeleitsits … y gotta be doin”
bugs me! :blink:

Come with me to the dancefloor. You and me cause that’s what it’s for. Show me now what it is, you gotta be doing, and the music in the house is so soothing.

aha! close :)

This was the first album I can think of in … I don’t even know how long - at least 5 years, that I heard 2 seconds of and HAD to buy.

It’s like the 2 previous Prodigy albums that I couldn’t stand never happened. And all of a sudden it was okay to have rave samples again.

This album is so awesome - I just bought it online at beatport. I actually bought music online. Thats how much I liked it.

Take me to the hospital is my favorite track, and that oldskool rave sample that leads in… well, that is one of my favorite samples of all time. So good!

the thunder track,is my favorite on this album

Smoking is bad, except in france.

Went to see them at their last IMD tour gig at brixton on Saturday, and I was totally blown away. It was as loud and bass-filled as you like, and the lighting show was astounding. They played the omen reprise which just made everyone shudder with goosebumps, quite a few oldies went down well too. My only niggle was they didn’t play thunder, but warrior’s dance more than made up for it, and a dubstep version of breathe :)

They had rigs of mac600’s being winched up & down to reveal screens, lights that looked like eyes and multi-coloured strobes :dribble:

And I love the album, which is why I had to get tickets. My only niggle is the 1st track IMD - too cheesy - but it’s made better than any pendulum track.

Oh, and that last one’s pretty shoddy too.

Every good band puts out 3 good records.

Invaders Must Die isn’t horribly bad. Few good tracks, rest sounds like filler.

Every band? I’m not so sure of that… Coldplay for instance, released one mediocre track, then just kept renaming it and sticking it on different albums. Hence my meme that has yet to catch on: “Every Coldplay song is clocks”

Every GOOD band, sir. ;)

Personally, I’m not interested in good bands.
If it’s good, it means something is missing to make it great.
That’s enough cliché for one day.

After heavy listening over a year I have to say you are right.
this track has potential as seen here.
on the album they did these annoying retrigger effects and left out the pauze before the outlander sample kicks in.
BYTE is right, I like vocals to lie deeper in the mix as the pop mixes today,
but the “worlds on fire” sample is way above that. and this also happens in the beat, the weird “poiow” sound from the beginning is triggering the explosive nature in this track, not the kick, the kick is very shallow in this track, what did they want here, it’s a total opposite to the rest of the album. it’s still very good though.