The Ultimate "trance Is Gay" Compo Is Open!

that topic is quit confusing…you know, in general trance isn´t gay (at least what i use to listen…and hey, i have best music taste under the face of earth!! :D ) there is just a gay trance… :confused:

PEACE½!!!

I don´t take the term/genre gay trance so serious. Mainthing it should sound cheesy with a bit of stupidity. :)

Are you kidding?? This is dead serious!

:lol:

Anyways, I’m off to vacation for a week tomorrow so don’t put the deadline too tight… wouldn’t want to miss the contest (and wouldn’t want you to miss my flyffycheesy trance song :) )

Great site.
But I don’t like the fact to call any music style stupid/f*g/lame or something.
I suppose with the compo we’re doing here something to be proud of at the end (some more, some less). It shall show that neither ‘gay’ nor ‘trance’ is something to be ashamed of. Indeed some styles are getting so commercial that you can’t listen to any of those songs.
Unfortunately melodic/dream-trance is one of those styles.
If d&b would get as commercial, people would say the same about it.
As for Punk, as for R’n’B.

How did you find out??? :blink: :huh: :panic:

Anyway I came to the result that the Renoise Forum needs a proper “:rofl:” emoticon. I still can´t stop rolling over the floor while reading the improved rules :)

Great work honey :wub:

Oops, sorry. I got you wrong.
And plus: big kisses to all of you :)

No copyright issues you say…? Well that rules out remixes I guess… Now this is getting really hard. :unsure:

Copyrights are a little hardly to look through. So far I know (I could be completely wrong of course) you are allowed to remix (not cover) songs as long you don´t take any profit of it. Additionally if you´re going to use original material from a song which is copyrightened you have to ask the author/s first.

Also I´ve heard that (but I don´t see a truth in this) you may use copyrightened material without any permission when the quality of the stuff is bad… well lofi.

Are there some experienced ppl who can tell us something else or confirm?

:dribble: Can´t wait to see the final version :dribble:

Didn´t saw a bug so far… except the scrolling issue :)

edit

Additional headlines in the About area would do fine for lynx users I´ve realized. The content is better splitted then.

… err… what am I talking? … which person uses lynx anyway :)

mja, that would suit for me as well. My vacation ends this week and I gotta get to work again :( … two weeks… so much short sniff sniff

I have to quote myself here:

Can someone confirm that what I think? As said I´m not sure but in case I´m right then it shouldn´t be so hard to blow out a track :)

I’m not experianced about covering and rmxing. But for the first round, well…let’s be happy to have people participating. And I think it’s understood here to give credits if anything is copied.

That sounded like I’m talking about winners and loosers. But it was meant like ‘some are more proud of this gay-thingie and some less’ .
Sorry, I simply had to correct this what I said. I hated the sentence the way it stood there. I should just go sleeping again, right?

There IS an edit-button… :rolleyes:

Oh, Gilli, you should sleep more! :P

I’ve had a Beyonce remix up on the net for nearly a year now, not had any lawyers asking me to stop. :)

That means if you want to remix something for the compo then just do it :)

Well… :D

:rolleyes:

Good point. As long as everyone are on the same terms I don’t care too much about breaking some laws… hey, this is for fun after all! :)

Anyways, I have already made a couple of minutes with non-remixed stuff… there’s only one problem - it’s not as gay as I hoped it would be. :( Well, back to the drawing board…

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: No way mates…I will not give you access to my super-gay-self-potraits… not unless you start a Parsec Appreciation Shrine somewhere…

:lol: this is happening here also! Not compelling me to listen to music… but seems like sex comes to my mind slightly often than before… and Yes, I noticed a kind of change in the way people’s writing… as if they slightly becoming a little bit more “Machos”, rude… definitely not gay…
I suppose that’s what any squeeze would call “Reaction” ;)

New rule: Stay gay for the Compo :wub:

What I try is to listen at least one time per day to the village people. It hurts but that has also an good effect :panic:

Im not being funny or anything but here in the UK, trance is reserved for real “rough” types (Shazzas and Kevs) who get tanked up on cans of cider in some car park, blasting trance out their car!!!

hmmm! Tough guys… Sounds very macho! :)
Do they also dress in black leather with iron spikes and military hats? :lol:

Anyway… don’t worry. This whole Trance thing was started talking about “Melodic Trance” which I doubt is what comes out of that parked car…
;)