Thanks broh for taking time to listen, and for your suggestions ![]()
Yes these chimes are loud.
I will try to see if the drums can ‘float’ better in.
I got a little stuck again with the Korg M1 VST (still hate mixing!), so now I thought, ‘wonder if it’s possible to do Berlin-school with Sampletank…?’
Here is what I came up with within an hour.
Very unfinished. just a startup WIP
Old version:
New version:
→ Made some changes, now it’s a quite different, but I like it better.
Volume is quite low and have to make it louder in Reaper, cause in Schism Tracker all sliders are already maxed out. Anyone prefer this version?
![]()
wax909path4
Pulled a random unfinished sketch made in 1999, and worked on it and continued it in Renoise. 90% done, probably. The sloppy acoustics of many of its elements is something I was aiming for.
AN almost finished one here:
Edit: Finished now and released
Is this too bassy or too harsh still, I can’t tell anymore… ![]()
some projects from the past week or so experimenting with different workflows
all the synths were made with my modular drums were programmed in the computer
I like your new music style, very nice “chaotic” beats, very much reminds me of those “no error” web label releases back in the days. Beats still have a perceptible structure, which is good. It’s Bitwig, I guess?
thank you bro yeah the inspo for the drums is like idm drum programming all the melodic work is programmed in the black sequencer module it has very interesting randomization features almost all the time producing very musical results
Finished.. or almost..?
This track contains samples from danish TV news from 1960 about the first danish computer ever.
It is all in danish, so I’m sorry the message may only be understood in DK.
But it is my ironic comment about working with AI ![]()
I’m a programmer working with Codex and/or Claude every day, so the irony is really hard to hide
Sorry if someone offended…
The track is not done with AI
Niels Ivar Bech, who is interviewed, was a pioneer in danish computer history.
His calm way of explaining that a computer is ‘stupid’ and only does what it is told, is still true!
An LLM only answers what it is trained to. His words are still true 60 years after ![]()
It sounds a little bit tinny, but I guess you improved that in the past 2 months.
I could understand a few single words without knowing danish. So Denmark got its first computer 20 years after my compatriot Konrad Zuse invented the world’s first computer ever. I wonder what that danish computer was capable of. Anyway, I really like the part from 1:10 to 1:55, especially 1:42. It sounds like specific early 90s Trance. Nostalgic.
After months I touched Renoise for the first time, and I spend about 2 hours on this:
Hopefully I’ll find the mood to either finish this or my Electro WIP (see above) this year.
TNT: Thanks ![]()
That computer was called DASK (Dansk Aritmetisk Sekvens-Kalkulator)
Introduced in 1960
Some articles about DASK:
VIDEO Danmarks første computer fylder 60 år | Teknologi | DR
En »dum« regnemaskine fylder rundt: Danmark kan fejre 60 år med computer | Version2
DASK - Wikipedia, den frie encyklopædi
The ‘lyrics’ used in the song translated:
Brain and brain. There’s really no notion of a brain attached to this electronic number-cruncher.It’s not capable of doing anything on its own. It needs instructions for every little detail it’s supposed to handle in calculations. It’s dumb. It can only carry out very simple operations, like adding and subtracting numbers. But it has other advantages that make it useful for big number-crunching tasks. It can store numbers and letters in very large amounts… (the rest missing… sorry)