Tool For Testing: Akaizer Time Stretch And Pitch Shifter

me too!

std::logic_error: ‘trying to load sample data from a non existing file: ‘C:\DOKUME~1\dat\LOKALE~1\Temp\Renoise-2300\Renoise_TmpFile-0-7-93%_1000_0.wav’’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘load_from’
main.lua:71: in function ‘process’
main.lua:128: in function ‘show_dialog’
main.lua:139: in function main.lua:138

the same

Works nicely in 2.7 under Windows 7 x64. Much respect for this tool!

Looks great. Does this work in 2.8 yet?

So I have the same error message as the people before:

std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: '/tmp/Renoise-17659/Renoise_TmpFile-0-6-100%_1000_-7.wav''  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: in function 'load_from'  
 main.lua:71: in function 'process'  
 main.lua:128: in function 'show_dialog'  
 main.lua:139: in function <138></138>```  

I am running Renoise 2.8b8 and Linux.  

Can someone comfirm if the tool works in Renoise 2.8?  

Or maybe somebody would fix it when Renoise 2.8 stable will come out?

It’s on the (large) list of things to do.

No work will occur in the near future due to work on other tools. However, Ben (the author of Akaizer) has been in touch with myself to report that newer Akaizer versions have been released recently.

When I get time I’ll update the tool and incorporate the latest versions.

:yeah:

Anyone ever get this working on a mac?

Alternative: RubberBand tool by Suva. I use this sometimes.

thanks, use rubberband too but sometimes you want that dirty cyclic akai vibe. i miss it since leaving windows, this tool is the best daw implementation ive used…

[quote=“Tehnik”]
alright, Windows 7 64bit - not working

C:\Users\Tehnik\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.7.2\Scripts\Tools\com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx\' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.  

Please contact the author (Martin Bealby | mxb (mbealby@gmail.com)) for assistance...  

std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: 'C:\Users\Tehnik\AppData\Local\Temp\Renoise-5104\Renoise_TmpFile-0-3-251%_1000_0.wav''  
stack traceback:  
 main.lua:71: in function 'process'  
 main.lua:128: in function 'show_dialog'  
 main.lua:139: in function <138><br>```

<br>
<br>[/quote]<br>
<br>
I wanted to try out this great tool idea and got the same error message. <br>
Then I looked into the code and fixed this error for Windows 7/64bit and Renoise 2.8. Maybe it works also for mac and linux, maybe someone can check?<br>
<br>
[b]<a href="http://www.stepsequencer.net/downloads/com.mxb.Akaizer.0.91.win7.xrnx">Download 0.91 Win7 fixed</a>[/b]<br>
<br>
Thanks to mxb and the Akaizer for this great tool!</138>

i think win 7 users owe you a beer

sadly still no good for me on OSX 10.6.8 :(

'/Users/muckleberryblim/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.8.1/Scripts/Tools/com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx/' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.  

Please contact the author (Martin Bealby | mxb (mbealby@gmail.com)) for assistance...  

std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: '/var/folders/AG/AGPQm7NQEnqUNYbv+EDINk+++TI/-Tmp-/Renoise-292/Renoise_TmpFile-0-4-200,%_1000_0.wav''  
stack traceback:  
 main.lua:72: in function 'process'  
 main.lua:129: in function 'show_dialog'  
 main.lua:140: in function <139><br>
<br>```

</139>

[quote=“muckleby, post:32, topic:33350”]
i think win 7 users owe you a beer

sadly still no good for me on OSX 10.6.8 :(/>

'/Users/muckleberryblim/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.8.1/Scripts/Tools/com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx/' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.  

std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: '/var/folders/AG/AGPQm7NQEnqUNYbv+EDINk+++TI/-Tmp-/Renoise-292/Renoise_TmpFile-0-4-200,%_1000_0.wav''  
stack traceback:  
 main.lua:72: in function 'process'  
 main.lua:129: in function 'show_dialog'  
 main.lua:140: in function <139><br>
<br>```

<br>[/quote]<br>
<br>
I have sent you a pm.</139>

now it works on my win xp sp3 too :)
thank you, Cie!

Yep, Cie ftw!

Finally works in Vista 32 bit :yeah:

Experimenting with different cycle lengths in the tool gui, I got this notice:

Cie, you seem to have fixed some bugs and I don’t have any time to work on this tool.

If you want to take ownership feel free to. Update the manifest and tool name, work out the few remaining bugs if you can and post on the tools page.

It seems that if you only change the cycle length and do not touch the other parameters, the akaizer does not create a new file (means: it seems to have no effect).

Thank you very much, mxb. I think you should keep the ownership, I just added and fixed some things, you had the idea and did the main work. I have added my credits for the update to the manifest if you don’t mind. If the next version works stable I will upload it to the tools page.

I have created a new version (1.0):

• upgraded to akaizer latest version 2.1.1 (before it was 1.6)
  • try to fix file not found errors
  • a dialog appears if parameters are useless (akaizer did not generate a new file; e.g. if you only change the cyclic parameter)

Download Akaizer 1.0

Could you test it please? Works for me on Win7.

Good work Cie!

Is it possible you leave the tool gui window opened after pressing ‘process’? I often like to try different settings and having to keep opening the tool is a little irritating even though I can bind it to a keyboard shortcut.

edit:

It also seems to always work on the complete sample, disregarding selection in the sample editor. Is this something that can be implemented, or a shortcoming of the akaizer.exe? Would be cool if it could work on just the selection.

This is absolutely awesome. Earlier today I idly thought to myself, ‘Wouldn’t it be great if someone had emulated the akai time-stretch alogrithm and written a little app that processes wavs through it.’ So I Googled ‘akai timestretch’, and found Akaizer. Well how about that? Amazing. I processed Amen +1 octave and nearly wet myself at how good it sounded. My next thought was ‘I guess I’ll have to get used to switching programs a lot to process files then pull them back in. In a perfect world Renoise would have this effect as an option in the sample editor, man that would be sweet. Not gonna happen though.’ I thought I’d try to find some discussion of Akaizer, how people used it, whether people had found anything similar etc, so jumped on the renoise forum and to my joy the first thing that popped up was V1.0 of a 2.8 compatible Akaizer tool. So good.

It works exactly as it should, no bugs so far. I will continue the research.

Many thanks to Ben, Martin and Cie.