Tool For Testing: Akaizer Time Stretch And Pitch Shifter

Thanks, yes this is possible. I will have a look when I have time for it.

No this is not possible unfortunately, only processing the complete sample.

This is a very nice story! Nice to hear this feedback, it is a motivation for every developer. :) I am happy you have found this tool and like it.

It works great, but after sample processing renoise stops responding on right mouse click and upper context menus also (Win7 x64, renoise 2.8.1)

Also not through some kind of hack, cut and process the selection in some kind of buffer and re-insert akaizer’s result back into the original sample? :drummer:/> No worries if too much work, happy that it is working at all!

So Cie, I’m getting the message “The selected parameter combination did not have any effect.” regardless of the settings, any ideas?

It’s working perfect, but I’ve got Korsun’s problem as well.

For some reason Akaizer don’t process short samples.

It can be avoided by adding some silence, but there’s gotta be some other solution…

And, btw, it would be nice if Akaizer could sync Time factor with Renoise’s beats. Like in Rubberband.
It’s a great tool already, it just needs some improvements. Please don’t abandon Akaizer :)

Does this work on Mountain Lion and what is the current stable install, please?

Good news for the Macintosh hardcore, got this working finally.

If you replace the Akaizer file in the tools bin folder -

yourusename/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.8.0/Scripts/Tools/com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx

With the same file from the latest Akaizer CLI version -

http://akaizer.blogspot.co.uk/p/download.html

You’re in business!

Out to Ben Burchett, MXB & Cie for the real work of course…

So I have the same error message as the people before:

std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: '/tmp/Renoise-17659/Renoise_TmpFile-0-6-100%_1000_-7.wav''
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_from'
main.lua:71: in function 'process'
main.lua:128: in function 'show_dialog'
main.lua:139: in function <main.lua:138

I was getting that error message on Windows 8(hey, It was a fresh install on a new laptop I bought, I didn’t install it…it’s not bad though) and what I did is remove the comma in the path. It now works. I changed it to use the new Akaizer as well. Small things, but big deal for me that’s a programming beginner. I’m happy when I try to troubleshoot a problem for hours and resolve it.

Hi all,

I’m a recently registered user…was really looking forward to running this, but I’m getting an error too. Win7 system…renoise v3.0.1

std::logic_error: ‘trying to load sample data from a non existing file:\Renoise_TmpFile-0-7-168%1021+5_R.wav’’

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘load_from’

main.lua:106: in function ‘process_sample’

main.lua:215: in function ‘show_dialog’

main.lua:20: in function main.lua:14

Hi, same thing, cant make this thing work under os x 10.9.5

Good news for the Macintosh hardcore, got this working finally.

If you replace the Akaizer file in the tools bin folder -

yourusename/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.8.0/Scripts/Tools/com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx

With the same file from the latest Akaizer CLI version -

http://akaizer.blogspot.co.uk/p/download.html

You’re in business!

Out to Ben Burchett, MXB & Cie for the real work of course…

i’ve tried this and its the same error over and over:

1. Failed to open the file for writing.

2. std::logic_error: ‘trying to load sample data from a non existing file: ‘/var/folders/nn/sr193vy54j91wq8646xqd0300000gn/T/Renoise-0-5221/Renoise_TmpFile-0-11-105%1000-16_R.wav’’

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘load_from’

main.lua:106: in function ‘process_sample’

main.lua:215: in function ‘show_dialog’

main.lua:20: in function main.lua:14

Quickly looking at this for you…looks like multiple problems to me :slight_smile:

First the script itself. I’ve modified it for more error checking.

Secondly the version of Akaizer that people have in relation to the version of script.

Thirdly the permissions of the executable file for people running Linux or Mac OSX (doesn’t apply to Window users.)

Now an extra step for Linux and Mac OSX users… Because the tool is a zip file, file permissions on the main executable are lost so we will have to set it manually to make sure :slight_smile:

On Linux or Mac goto a terminal and find the Akaizer executable and change directory to it. It should be around ~/.renoise/V3.0.1 (or V3.1.0)/Scripts/Tools/com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx/bin/linux32/ or ~/.renoise/V3.0.1 (or V3.1.0)/Scripts/Tools/com.mxb.Akaizer.xrnx/bin/osx/

You need to now set the Akaizer file flags to executable. So execute the following command:

$ chmod +755 Akaizer

You’d have to give that a try :slight_smile: