Top 5 Features That Would Make Your Life Easier

No shite…?! I was experimenting with it last night, but 09XX was ignored by the 0BXX.
I didn’t try using the panning column for the backward effect, gonna try that tonight.
Thanks a bunch!!!

Being able to join patterns now pretty much solves this problem for me.

1 multi pattern arranger
2 audio tracks (play from row, not start)

3 detachable windows (to use them on a 2nd/3th screen)
4 advanced searching/sorting/tagging for samples and plugs

5 insert bonus here

it’s also interesting to make an automation for only half a pattern, so you could
combine automation and effect column. I’m still not really sure which one has
priorities anyway…

Why not use my idea? someone agree or have something similar?
this way you could expand the dynamics of other commands too! :o

Just make the number… longer.
And click on it or something to make it really 09000000 resolution :)

Now slice that!

oh wow did no one mention ‘make the tea’ button? :D

Ain’t got no five, just two, and they already been said so I’ll just quote them.

VSTi Freezing, so you can freeze a range of notes from a VSTi to a multisample instrument.
This would make me very, very happy.

IRC inside Renoise. I can’t tell you how much I miss MadTracker’s embedded IRC program that automatically links to the server when you start MadTracker. It stinks you have to get a script and connect to #renoise. (Learning Renoise is hard enough, we have to learn a script too? :P )

I spend to much time on messageboards already, for renoise to have irc even less music will be made :)

a built in hex-code calculator :D

that’s actually f****ing brilliant

:D

now I kinda solved the problem for 10 minutes, I printed out four charts (I made 0-255/00-FF, and quartered it), did sellotape on each row and removed it. that way you can make sellotapes with print on them. I put those on my macbook, two next to the display and two next to the keyboard.
it looked awful.

for the built in DSP stereo delay to have a “flip” button which flips the Left side’s time/amount settings with the Right’s

-Pitch control per-channel
-A scope mode where the scope in pattern view is replaced by a miniature status window showing aforementioned pitch, mixer pan and volume, and a short list of effect/VSTi parameters being changed at any given time, for each track (it would look SO COOL going nuts with lots of automation)
-Inertia control for delay times in delay, flange, and chorus modules
-Enable effect feedback
-Some kind of clever performance-oriented pattern switching/muting surface, preferably controllable by MIDI

1. Find & replace note, columns & effect - as mentioned here
  2. Beatslicer
  3. Audio Tracks
  4. A global pitch, volume, envelope for grouped samples
  5. Pattern zoom!

+4

1. Extended DiscOps.

Have a look at: https://forum.renoise.com/t/xrns-search-and-replace/20081

This’ll sound wierd but I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately.

The toggle Play-Pause-Record key with an alternative mode where whenever the tune’s playing it blanks the screen.

What would be the point of that!?!

Well, ever noticed what happens when you turn a TV on at a house party? Same thing when you use a TV set on stage in a theatre production… Everyone zones out and watches it no matter what else is going on…

The brain’s hardwired to notice movement, and most the brain’s used up dealing with visual processing… So no matter how loud your monitors, or how interesting your music, as long as there’s a screen pumping out light and movement in the same room, it’ll always be the loudest thing going on in your head… Which is why, I think, a lot of the time, after working on music really intensively in a computer environment for hours/days/weeks, you play your recording on a car stereo or hifi and - good or not - it sounds like it was made by a lesser you… A you with a lower musical IQ…

I don’t imagine a feature like this ever being implemented on any sequencer, but I genuinely believe it’d have the most positive effect on music making of any feature ever devised…

Just close your eyes, or turn your chair and look out a window. Works for me, totally rock solid bug free as well :)

Hehe, I actually think you have to fully detatch from the concept of the screen moving when the track’s playing… I want to condition myself so Play is automatically associated with the visual part of my brain taking a break… I find even if I close my eyes now, I’m still aware of the screen in the same way I’m still aware of the door behind me and the trees outside.

I think too much about this kind of thing!

OR, J_Swift, you can just press the on/off switch on your monitor/TV :)