Tracking As A Job

i do shows and production work but it doesn’t quite cover the amount needed to live! good bit of pocket money though ^_^

Sometimes I make music for commercial video games. And I also compose musics for relaxation who are sell in CD in France and Belgium. But I’m not professionnal, this musics are a little job for me, not my main job. :)

The trick is to bust your ass and never quit.

yeah, that was a while back.

10.60 alpha beta desktop sneak preview release edition is SUPER fast. and, you know, it has features on top of it… even if Chrome was faster, that’s like a very fast frame on wheels with a seatbelt and a steering wheel… functional, yes, but something to use daily? Chrome, just like Safari, is just a joke when it comes to configurability. I guess the target audience doesn’t mind though…

/opera fanboy :P

The opera jump in performance was as of 10.5 … which was officially released just this march:

yeah, but 10.60 was another jump performance wise

http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/

pretty fokin’ self-spoken ;) (fastest system: Opera (v10.60), 18076 Points, and on my system it’s the fastest, too)

also, and here are more frequent releases and more detailed changelogs than chrome, safari and IE combined :lol:

(I’ve been using the alphas, betas and RC’s since longer than I can think and had ZERO problems… they’re as good as official releases as far as I’m concerned ;))

it’s just sad to someone who has been “in on” Opera since 2000 and just felt like a huge practical joke was going off when firefox came and everybody hailed that piece of crap as the revolution (“I was like, helloooo?”). FF has come a long way since then, but I’m still bitter… and now Chrome is here and it’s the same all over again haha. I just don’t get it. Opera had tabbed browsing ages ago (which was the big “revolution” of FF initially, when plugins hadn’t really taken off yet), and generally speaking more features AND more speed… and if it was as widely used as it deserves to be used, it would be “compatible” with all of the web, too, or rather, the other way around. grmbl… haha :P

Hmm… seems like this thread is a tad off topic nowadays.

Which is why I’m bringing it “back on track”:

Timbaland makes money using tracker music<_<

“expect to be ripped off…” - ANGELSPIT Blipvert #5 : Advice for bands

David Byrne: How architecture helped music evolve

I should probably benchmark these browsers myself… what I’m primarily looking for isn’t speed, but reduced resource usage when many tabs are open. I’m sick and tired of multiple gigs of ram being used just because I’ve got 100 tabs open. I’M NOT ADHD… I SWEAR.

Great video that makes it bloody clear. I’ve seen other videos before but this one really pounds it home. I’m surprised he even kept the 100% left and right pans from the mod, or at least that’s what it seems like from that video.

I actually showed this to a good friend the other day who’s in the industry (knows both artists) and she was astounded… people get sued all the time but this was a bit too much. I have no idea how Timbaland thought he’d get away with it but I bet the finnish guy is pleased with his settlement. :D

with opera, you can save a set of opened tabs as a “session”. I never use that, but might be useful for people who, uh, don’t have ADHD ^_^ and the bookmark pane has an option (in the context menu → view) to display folders and bookmarks separately, which can also help. selecting 50 bookmarks and opening them all at once doesn’t crash or grind everything to a halt… (besides network congestion of course :P)… I’d like to see firefox do that, hah! no, for batch browsing and information overload, there is nothing but opera.

yeah I know I shouldn’t reply it’s off-topic but I love opera so much :(

that video was interesting, but one thing I didn’t get: why “not release demos”? because they might get circulated? if it’s all “rock’n’roll”, who gives a shit? then again I’m just bitter because I don’t make a cent and upload daily builds haha… and I LOVE writing lyrics, picking a beat and having “something” up within hours, and refining it over the next few days. but I’ll never make money with that so ignore at will ^^

I am.

I’m a bit surprised as well. I guess he thought he would get away with it since he took it from an “unsigned”, “unknown” artist. I don’t know what the status about this is these day. Would be interesting to know though.

just write many world hits like “Yesterday, We are the Champions” …

at some point people will notice and pay for the stuff

…what ? You can’t do it ? Why ?

Nice.

Haven’t heard of him before, but at least this guy is living on tracking:

For more than thirty-five years, Joel Hardin has followed the footsteps of others, leaving in his trail thousands of trained trackers for military, law enforcement, search and rescue operations.

Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services provides expert trackers, teachers or consultants to meet the specific needs of each client. From world-wide deployment of expert trackers - to training and consultation for trackers and groups wanting to increase awareness of footprint evidence in crime scene and field investigations - there’s a service to fit every need.

:P

to people who can’t read hex there might not be that much difference :P

I am not making a ‘living’ from it, but I am making meager amounts of money from production work. Renoise is one of my main tools in that process. So far I’ve only made enough money to cover some of my gear expenses. But hopefully if I keep at it I can get at least enough money to pay the rent.

Oh and I’ve sold TWO (2) albums on bandcamp :P

Do you mean the status of this specific case? If so, Timbaland did get sued and neither parties are allowed to talk about it, which I assume means they settled outside court.