Tracks I'm Digging...

I think it’s fine to learn how to make xxx sounds that we hear. I’m not looking for a dead on replica of a certain sound (Like I’m not asking how to make a tech itch reece)- but a reece is a staple for techstep, and I consider it a necissary thing to know how to make certain types of noises- I’m not trying to go cross genre- I’ll take that reece and make it my own. Alot of things influence certain sounds besides how they are programed that can put your persoanal signature on it. I like experimanting and comming up with completely new stuff, but I like incorporating that with tried and true so there is something to hold on to that my that my target audience can recognize.

i have found the key is to stop worrying about originality.

you can not make jungle, dnb or any other genre, without adhearing to the tinyest piece of a specific set of forms & structures that have already defined it.

dont interpret that as being an obstruction. it is not whatsoever!!

i know my creativity strives while being sent in a direction.
in my direction.
i am unburdened and unbound by the relativity of originality.

what i just wrote could be looked as original, it is not.
only an amalgamation of previous thoughts.

Amen (pun intended)

i didnt say that you should be original at all costs… im just saying that you shouldnt try to be not original at all costs :)

to tell you the truth i believe originality is a myth, i havent been able to prove it yet, but i am exploring any & all options. i so want to create a debate on this, because if anything, i would like to be proven wrong!
just on the fact that i wouldnt have this bouncing around in head anymore, and i then could be able to ‘see’ what everyone refers to when they call something ‘original’

the thing about “us guys want to do " xxx sound thats in alot of newer dnb these days”"

i cant speak for everyone,
but it is exactly just that…

exploration, emulation, experimentation, amalgamation, combination, etc.
discussion & learning how to do certain techniques and methods is the basis of all music!

[emulation with a splash of exploration]
one learns to play the piano by playing other ppls compositions, throughout this exploration one begins to understand the intricacies and interwoven ideas to communicate the feelings meant to be sent.

[combination]
creating influence in this composer.
the more influence a composer retains the more distinct her or his music will become.

[exploration + emulation + amalgamation]
with the tools this composer has developed, it sets out to create its own works, these works are comprised of the influences it has uncovered explored and retained.

yada yadda!
(sorry im feeling lazy today, but i think my point been made)

upon enlightenment, one finds everything is one & one is everything.
I do get trapped in the who did what when where too, but for real it is irrevelant!
irrevelant!
-because it would have happened, no matter who.
-because another one eventually will collect the same influences, and arrive at the same coordinates.
-because influences direct your streams of thought

the only possible way i could see originallity to be real is if those streams of thought guiding you were put in a knot!

Well, by definition original means to be the first preceding all others in time, or fresh, new and not like others. So we could go on with this- but original means to be the first and only in my book. No matter what we do in music, everything we create is archaic of something else (and just because one may have been ignorant of something origional when trying to create something new, it doesn’t mean that they are held exempt from being considered the same or like). So, I would have to say that experimenting and comming up with something new doesn’t make new- it’s most likely that it’s been done before and probably applied the same way. And seeing as how it’s music we are talking about here, people are such hipsters that every genre one could possibly think of has probably been embraced by somebody at some point or another- we aren’t going to be hearing original until somebody gets their hands on new technology and makes something out of it that we haven’t heard yet. And then there is the whole aspect of recognition- who first made all aware of this new original they created? Cause that’s who gets the credit for being the origionator. A guy could have made some shit in his room and then forgets about it, and 10 years later he sees or hears it and starts wanting credit, sure he might have done it first, but he didn’t break ground. I could go on forever, but really I don’t care about being origional- I just make what I want to hear and do it as best as I can, hopefully in the process I can do something origional and get credit, but It’s not my main concern- doesn’t matter who likes it unless I need cash.

Can someone PLZ tell me what the break is with the prominent rides on the first track?

I have been trying to find that one forever.

you mean amen break?? :)

Dave Akuma is a nasty man. I’m pretty sure it’s just some teched out piece of amen being layered into those amens :lol:

He is on DOA boards pretty often, You could just find him on there and ask him.

its called the “Tramen” made popular by trace.
made by dom.

theres also bits of amen brother & apache

Thank you jeebus.

Now if I can just find a good copy somewhere…

Anybody got a high quality sample?

BTW, nice work on your track dblue. :yeah:

I have it, four different versions… if you need it, email me through PM on here and I can dropload it to you.

Haha thanks :D

I really just did that track as a joke. Quite a while ago FuX was scheduled to play a radio show where he was mixing against another DnB DJ in Oslo (DJ Subway if you happen to know the name), so he asked if I knew any really ridiculous tracks he could play to get one up on Subway. Well I was bored and drunk at the time, in the mood to do something silly, and “Motherf****ing Evil” was the result, hehe. Not mastered very well at all but it’s a fun little tune.

I don’t know what happened but I learn to dislike DnB pretty badly. And I used to produce this stuff.

But it just became so cliché and crappy, almost like people have a formula to do it. I haven’t heard any good DnB in a long time - 2 to 3years

I’ve been listening to ragga/breakcore/idm and I’m having a much better time.
:walkman:

Much appreciated!
For some reason I can’t use PM on here and I’m not sure why.
I see you’ve got a myspace. I can send you my email through there.
Just watch for a message from the dorky looking guy with an arm full of tats. :)

same here.

around 2003 i got out of prison an seen where dnb was going, with the clownstep an the smooth shit for martini sippers, along with all the rockers joining, bringing their mohawks, an marilyn manson ideals.

i jumped off that bus.
an jumped in the jungle ride, during the ride, i myself made a poiint to dis DNB as much as humanly possible, starting with the dnb scene here.

and boy where they mad!!!

they where still talkiing with the leet speak general retardation, nothing but 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2.
sounded like evil house music.

the new shit was already popping.

an when they got wind of it they started saying to me ‘its tooooo fast!!’

i remember the house kids saying the exact same thing years ago about jungle.
hah!
“oh but i cant dance to it! its too fast”

HAHAHAHH!

an now dnb have listened, now they call it chopping?
Hah!

at least its halfway listenable now!

It is a good thing too, cuz dubstep,grime,sublow etc…
even tho i loved alot of speedgarage
this new shizz is way to slow for me!!
sounds like 60bpm!

and maybe thats where i get off?

ya know guys, i have a theory, that:
DNB
dnb
DnB
dNb
drum n bass
Drum And Bass
drum 'n bass

if you will bear with me.
they are all actually very distinct from eachother…

for instance:
DNB is the real hard stuff
Drum And Bass is actually jungle
Dnb is the eviler stuff
drum n bass is actually jungle/DnB

the thing about this is, it seems too ridiculous to be real right?

Faster the better to dance to in my opinion.

I always had a different vision for dancing though. Well, I guess borrowed from other styles, I enjoyed moshing and slam dancing in the early 90s to various punk and other music that lended itself well to it…

I always wanted to just drop people when I was listening to something intense at a club. I think a pit with some of the really heavy electronic shit would really make the scene more exciting.

i admit sometimes i get so involved that i forget where i am an next i know im apollogizing to a girl an feeling like an ass.

but to tell you the truth bringing moshpits to raving is marking the end on a dotted line.

then again, raving is mostly only about martinis an suits anymore so what do i care. i still cling to the ideas of 92-93-94-95. having an enviroment where you could feel accepted being as weird as you might be, not worrying whether or not your going to get in between rival drug gangs. smokin weed with good vibes around. not having a bad trip when the dripper drops.
yep i guess those days are long gone, recentally i wonder why i still like studying and making the music? its unsettling to say the least.

i have a feeling the only place to be anymore is in the deep house room.
B)
then again, the open source artists might be providing more than anyone knows, lectures, symposiums etc… might lead into a new underground, similar to the one i remember. because it looks way to nerdy for any of the cool kids to go ahhahahahahahahahaha!

vitaxin circus freak (2002) dnb jerkoff.