Tutorial Breakcore .mod, .med, .rns, .it, .xm

TPB means Ticks Per Beat.

I usually set it for 3.

Saw a venetian snares video and that mofo sets tpb to 1. ;)

Are you talking about the vache video? He wrote on another forum that it was speed 3 with a tempo of 447.

Ah…okay…it was going so fast, I assumed it would be 1tpb.

there’s a nifty .rns file at this link:
http://www.grep-fu.net/venetiantabs/

they recreated a snippet of “Vache”, with the original in the first track, panned hard left, and the reproduction in the other tracks. it’s mainly just amen snare hits, but it’s cool to see how it’s put together at those speeds. got it from this thread here

Actually, this is a .rns of a remake of the track F*** toronto jungle off of his 2370894 album. I already have it but thanks. The thing about it though is that it only shows the drums in the first like 45 secs of the song. Drums aren’t really my problem as much as all of the other sounds although like I said earlier in the thread, I am also looking for ways of extending tonality using other breakbeat like patterns with other sounds, i.e processed drums.

I am still looking for someone who could possibly explain the breakbeatish sounds of xanopticons tracks. They sound like drum breaks, but when slowed down and analyzed are not just an amen with some distortion or other effect, but rather seem like completely unique drum sounds placed in some sort of breakbeat.

Two different versions…xrns version = deleted samples.
.it version is original file. Please view using modplug or schismtracker or xmplay for best playback. The xrns version is close on the drums, but not close enough…

Here’s the links.

http://hakyoku.googlepages.com/Dank.it
http://hakyoku.googlepages.com/Dankedit.xrns

hseiken, I continued your Stevie Wonder track just to learn more about Renoise. I can send you the .xrns if you want.

nikki -> coo, i want to hear.

mail to: hakyoku at gmail dot com. :)

Ok. Mailed.

Did those files help at all? (the .it and it’s watered down renoise counterpart)

If you can give a sound example of what you’re looking for, I can probably pick it apart and give you the lowdown. Can’t promise anything, but I’d like to try.

Any idea how I could post some examples? I don’t think I can post them directly in the forum or if so I don’t know how.

how did you decide at what pitch you would trigger the vocals? Did you just use good old trial and error until it fit the tempo of the song and drums? or did you work the tempo of the drums and song around the vocal sample?

You can either:
open up a crappy free account with some web service or

use ‘you send it’

I happen to have a gmail account and a googlepages account integrated, so I use googlepages to host my muzak.

This is such a hard question to answer…there’s millions of ways to decide this…one of them involves a program that can re-tempo a sample, another is trial and error and yet another is selective chopping, but my favorite and the one that yields the best results is ACCIDENT! I find that the more accidents I have with raw samples, the better…it’s unexpected and works!

Use this information for evil purposes, please! :)

hey !
first post here but using renoise since a bit and really would appreciate like the dude who first psot this thread if the breakcore community would share like on reasonstation some rns tuto files…i mean i dont want to steel any copyrights or ideas…but i d love to get some happy breakcore tuto advises really really! :)

Just curious as to why you would post looking for reason files when this is the renoise forum, not to demean you or reason, just figured you might have more luck on a reason forum. Some advice I can give for reason is to not use the dr.rex. Use the nnxt instead, this sampler will give a more "tracker"ish feel in my opinion. One thing that helps me is to think lo fi. Think, I’m this dude who’s broke and all I have is this sampler. What can I do with it? Put yourself back in the 90’s before all this software stuff was available, when ram was in short supply and was expensive, and when you were lucky to even have a sampler. Reason is a whole studio in one package, but you don’t necessarily have to use it that way. Use things in reason to make samples that you render and bring back into a sampler. Just a thought.

Ordrokhaotic

every moron can make breakcore. even I can!
remember: distortion is a substitute for talent.
as for the rest, break away, bass away and add lots
of noise and it’s 100% guaranteed musicless breakcore!

you don’t need tutorials… you need randomness!

BotB, that’s a pretty ignorant thing to say. I don’t think Venetian Snares and the like would appreciate that comment seeing as though he can spend hours programming 5 seconds worth of music. There’s no randomness in good breakcore. It takes talent, hard work and dedication… along with some original ideas. Not just a load of distortion and noise. Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and show us your breakcore efforts?

If you didn’t read the sarcasm in my post, I’m very sorry.

But c’moooooooon… how much breakcore is GOOD breakcore?
Venetian Snares, sure… and who else…?

go to http://yomirecords.com/botb and download Clockwork Samurai
if you really must… I’m not claiming to be good, I’m claiming to be as
much breakcore as everyone else and being breakcore is easy.