I finally finished my first tool. Consider it like a tool made for the fun of learning something new.
In the end, I had to finish it.
The idea behind this tool is to provide a simple FX swapper.
-Select a track or the “selected tracks” option, insert devices.
-Set a timer, the tool is actually counting till “timer value” and then it enables the next device, disa$ling the previous one.
-Random: Two params. One is for modifying randomly the row count value. The other one is for randomizing the FXs sequence.
-Live button: This is for swapping on playback…
-The write button: This is for writing the commands on the pattern
-Enabling “Pattern selection” will constrain the dump to a selection.
-If you want the script to avoid “touching” some plugs, add “MCHAMMER”, “mchammer”, “SAFE” or “safe” to the name of the plug (yes, just rename to MCHAMMER, because he can’t touch this… device).
Mandatory already old screenshot:
- receive and take in consideration your advices.
[s]- think about a random mode accessible through a simple checkbox.
- if think(randomMode) then implement(randomMode) end.
- a better GUI ?
- more possible options… who knows.
- Conner and Danoise for the app_idle trick, it wouldn’t be here without them.
- Esa for being the best debugger ever.
- Vincentvc for being the first one on the first version shared on this board and his first debug
- Jonas for asking for a feature I could easily implement
V0.8 features Jonas’s idea about adding a pattern selection mode. Also, I changed the main routines, added a track selector and a “?” dialog!
V0.9999 Better GUI? Random row count modifier valuebox added.
V1 Zipcleaned. Fixed one more bug and a weird behaviour when selecting other tracks (now it will stop the live mode)
More about the tool on my blog!