Updated For 2.8! The Baguetter, A Simple Device Swap Machine

great! thanks for confirming.

Will upload it on the tool page.

Mission: accomplished

Hey, nice update. Cheers!

:)

Hey, I’ve recently stumbled on this mighty tool, I have one question\suggestion (and maybe I will be able to code it in, I know a little bit of LUA).

Imagine a pedal board. Let’s say for the verse you need pedals A, B and C working while others are turned off.
And for the chorus you need pedals D, E and F working, while A, B and C are turned off.

What I need from this device is that there are, like, patches of various effect settings (some are off, some on) and I should be able to switch between those patches with a MIDI note.

Can this be achievable?

everything is possible :)

your suggestion makes me think of matrix-like selection of effects, where you can store different scenes under different presets and trigger these presets through midi-notes.

Exactly, and I thought Baguette code can be altered in some way to implement this.

Hey,

First, thanks for trying my tool.

Then, I believe it would be overkill to start from the baguetter code as both ideas are actually different.
What you are actually looking for is a chain maker, a bit like making stacks like in this other music app we wont name and binding pedals to midi signals.

Are they? Baguetter already has a patch of devices and the mechanism to turn them on and off. What has to be added is ability to store ‘states’ of the whole patch, and ability to invoke a ‘state’ with assignable midi note.
Or am I seeing something wrong?

The baguetter code is mostly about switching on and off according to a pattern position and modifiers while what you want is being able to trigger a different chain of effects according to a midi signal.
Your idea is interesting though as i’ve been quite looking for device chainers in renoise some years ago, maybe it’s time to throw your idea on the renoise tool board and wait for someone to code it (I’m rather busy and it’s been a while I didn’t dive into the LUA API for renoise).

Maybe your idea can even be a part of Duplex, you should start asking about it in the thread related to it as Duplex… I hope I’m not wrong but it would definitely be a nice addition.

Would love this for 3.0

Hmmm, I guess I’ll just have to check it in renoise 3.0… would be nice if “someone” could create an auto-converter for tools :slight_smile:

Bim, bam, boum.http://www.renoise.com/tools/baguetter