Updated For 2.8! The Baguetter, A Simple Device Swap Machine

Once a script is on the Tools page, I usually use the Auto Updater.

Did you forget to update the manifest or something? It didn’t work for me this time. Had to manually download the update.

Or maybe I’m too tired and just didn’t notice I upgraded it before or something.

Hmmm, I indeed didn’t update the manifest. Didn’t feel like changing the version for just a tiny fix like that.
So it works only if I do an update of anything written in the manifest?

+EDIT: Ok, I’ve also updated a field in the manifest.xml file… hope this time it’s ok, sorry for that.

care to make it compatible with 2.8 monsieur?

Oh thanks for reminding me. I’m pretty busy lately and didn’t even have time to see if there are new features in the API I could use in order to optimize the script. Will try to update it ASAP!

Ok so what’s to be exactly done?

Open it with a renoise 2.8 scripting executable, save, then upload?
Or do I have to update the manifest?

If nothing substantial changed in Renoise concerning the workings of your tool, I think you just need to change the api nr in the manifest from 2.0 to 3.

edit:

you need to do more stuff as the pattern commands for enabling/disabling effects has changed.

ok, will investigate this when I’ll be sober.

Hi Monsieur Baguette!

hi ;)

did you give up?

I’m in the middle of making some other stuff, will deffo go back to it when I’ll have some spare time for it.
As far as I know, it’s a matter of few slight changes here and there, nothing big… but I’m really busy.

yeah. so busy you took the time to write this.

All I have to say is: comic bakery.

It’s only RC2 anyway ;)

1 Like

nooo
:wacko:

Ok, I think I’ll have something in few hours… want to be sure it’s working.

MEANWHILE?
TV AD BREAK!
“oh noez”

You dear kore renoisers can enjoy the amazing liveset of le neel.
Yes, you!

“ME?”
YES!
You can definitely listen, comment, tweet, facebook share, this amazing liveset.

“BUT WHERE CAN I GET IT”
Ah ah, relax, chill out, it’s here dude!

ps: baguetter has NOT been involved in this liveset. Baguetter is still to be used with caution.

So, anybody care to tell me if it’s working?

Just for your information: there won’t be coming an Rc3.

You packaged it wrongly, my friend. When I loaded the tool, I got an interesting waveform as the result :blink:
Files inside com.mynameiskaneel.baguetter.xrnx goes into the zip file, and then everything seems fine.

:(

I forgot if I had to compress the directory or the files inside, stupid me.
Retry?

works, thanks for the update!