V1.5 Irritations

Awesome. Amen to that. :guitar:

If anyone wants to go to Reason why brag about it here? If you’re going to go to Reason, then why hang around here? :blink:

Yeah I reckon we start a project - compo for colating the ‘best of the best’ ninja in-house dsp RNS files ever. Could be a worthy challenge irrespective of marketing projects. I’m up for it.

raises hand again to volunteer to help with development…
I will persist :)

of course i can twist and tweak simple samples within renoise to get good sounds … hours and hours … i did this too in my old tracker days … but today i can use a full blown VSTi’-sampler and loading an unbelievable great sound within seconds …

i’m talked about the sampler features - the renoise sampler was and is a basic features sampler … it’s not possible to make 500mbyte multi-layered piano sound or using other perfect developed sample-sounds …

so sorry taktik - but you are wrong … using VST’s CAN make anything sound pro because of missing features of Renoise… maybe we misunderstood us a little bit.

and there is no question - yes - it’s possible to create wonderful things with the internal Renoise sampler …

at the end, how to create good music isn’t important … how the music finally sounds is important … B)

I agree with putting together some native-RNS files to show off the power of Renoise as a stand alone music app.

(example Renoise 10 band EQ is better than FL 7-band)

Second, I’d like to vent :angry:

1. Complainers SUCK. Taktik and hiz team developed the shiznik application for making amazing music. Argueably the most powerful music app out there. So show some f_king respect!

2. People keep saying ‘put Renoise in music magazines’, ‘make it have the popularity as FruityLoops and Reason’, ‘make it have professional respect’… well I say… who cares? Some guy down the street maybe can’t use a ‘tracker’, it’s not for him. but f_ck him, his program and his music. You and I use Renoise, and if we spend enough time with it, we can make great songs. Who cares what ‘they’ use. B)

2 Foo?

“If you’re going to go to Reason, then why hang around here?”

Strange question. :) Becouse I work with Renoise In present time. :D

“Yeah I reckon we start a project - compo for colating the ‘best of the best’ ninja in-house dsp RNS files ever. Could be a worthy challenge irrespective of marketing projects. I’m up for it.”

Unprofessional way. Sorry. But more cheap certainly. :) I think 3 named persons for money can make better sound tracks. :P But, of course, must be some other persons who can make this work too.

2 Mike_SWE

“My belief is that demos should be kept small but technical, their purpose is to show the powerful environment. And the best example of this is using the internal sampler, having countless possibilities over some of the most advanced samplers available, due to its deep integration.”

Sampler is good, but be better if renoise have VSTi soft synth someday. Not all can be made with only sampler. And use of VSTi it’s right way to make small and hi q. demotunes.

P.S. Extacado you say so much around. Have you some music in the net? It’s very interesting to listen what you do. :)

Speaking as someone who writes vsts (or attempts to ;) ) I can say that a vsti will never be as good as an integrated sampler, simply because of the message passing system between vst and host.
Working on the rni structure and improving it using some of the suggestions posted in the rni future thread would be infinitely better than packaging renoise with some cheap vsti.
vst is old fashioned, and will be superseeded one day (maybe soon). However, time has shown that trackers will not be superseeded, at least not by the current lineup of sequencers or their successors.

“anything” ? No.
Using VST’s is a great advantage and datum for present days.
Till now it’s more like addition to usual tracking. We can’t handle it like samples.
Using samples in Renoise we can create much more complex and creative stuff (w pattern commands) than using VSTi’s.

P.S. Totally agree with gyus saying “don’t matter how, only result means!” This is what i meant.

true!

Second that !

BTW: is this topic about irritations or about: SAMPLES vs VST battle ? :blink:

let’s stop this discussion - makes no sense - let’s make music :guitar:

2 laurencedavies:

As I say before I don’t want make disputs about VSTi vs Samples. You know
what you know, I know what I know. Take it easy. :)

2 ceejay

"is this topic about irritations or about: SAMPLES vs VST battle ? :blink:"

Agree with this remark.

yeah, sorry, didn’t mean to go off like that. :unsure:

BTW: Before you say you did some vst. Have you some links in the net to your works? It’s interesting to view this vst’s.

okay i’ll be the first to admit that my presence here has had an effect that i certainly did not intend on.
so ill be the first to admit im an asshole…

so now that im past the first step,

Hi, my names rahn im a renoise addict.

i only wish for a solid host so i may make my music without absurd frustration.
the nature of my music is violent, an i do wish to apollogize for my atrocious behavior in the bug area, i dont speak/write all that well with words, in situations where frustration prevails i do even worse.

theres been bad times as of the past couple months, i attribute my inclusion to these times with my ignorance of proper terminology & without having a fast cpu

i asked a question somewhere along time ago about what a block is, no one has been able to tell me and i havent been able to find it in any tracker dictionarys, so far

anyway i do have a few irrations on a list of things i would like fixed in renoise. all of them pretty much have to do with usage of vstis but, ive already verbalized some of them so no sense repeating them again.
i dont know if i agree with Taktik about the bug fixes,
because i think that if your going to make someone pay for something, so that they can use it, then its needs to come correct. if you say that it supports vsti, then it should support vsti (even the buggy ones that other software doesnt have problems with) or just say “its possible to use vsti”.

one of the main reasons i went with renoise was because the feature list included vsti automation…
so in my opinion there are still things that need to be finished before releasing 1.5
its no thing for me to have to wait. and i really still think that the dev team needs to take a vacation before releasing 1.5, so they can clear their minds about all the jibberish that goes on, then come back make 1.5 a solid vsti host, fix up the interface, and then release it, then take a break for 6 months. come back, bounce around the new ideas and do whats best for everyone.

i agree with your post a hundred percent, it would be very nice to have examples of all of the advanced functions in use

But back to the original topic:

I must admit that I was a little bit pissed off, as I wrote what voois quoted in his first posting here. Back into normal mood, I see it more like that we simply have the possibility to make this software better than other commertial projects:
We have a small but fine community, so we /can/ care about everyone. We dont have to throw out a new release every month to earn money, so we /can/ care about every single bug now.

So all we have to do is writing fine, specialized software, that is at least that complex that it will help to bann the dummies and keep our community small, but easy enough to be cool for those who need it.

I also dont think that we will need that exessive bug reporting in the near future. Remember that we have thrown out a completly new port (OSX) for an old software. So a lot of stuff has changed under the hood. Once this is tested and known to work, all this doesnt have to be touched anymore. Also a lot has been cleaned up and prepared for upcoming features (no, I wont say what :) ), so its quite a good ratio when we see how much time we are able to spend into this project.

The only big problem that can never be solved, are VST issues. A third of the bug reports where VST related, were again half of them are bugs of the plugs. Making sure that approx. 3000 plugs, written from 1000 different people work in 20 hosts is simply impossible to maintain.

Renoise really is my dream music appplication and I know for sure that the future will be even better!

So keep up the good work Taktik, we all doing a great job! :yeah:

I think that you and the Renoise team has succeded very well in making most of the plugins to work in Renoise.

People forget that its also up to the vst plugin developers to make their plugins support as many hosts as possible!

yes, splain this is true. However, all my vst plugins are working fine with RC2 and the preview final build.

Somehow after reading all this, I’m in need of group hug … Come on… don’t be shy … :unsure: … anyone?